How old were you when your first GMed an RPG?

How old were you when your first GMed an RPG?

• 1-10

Votes: 17 13.0%
  • 11-13

Votes: 59 45.0%
  • 14-16

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • 17-19

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • 20-24

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • 25-29

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • 30-35

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 36-40

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 41-50

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • 51+

Votes: 0 0.0%

If my timeline's right, I was nine when I picked up the red box and first started running D&D. I can't say I was good at it, but hey, as the Adventure Time quote goes, “Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sorta good at something.”

AngryTiger

Explorer
7 years old. I started Gm'ing when i started playing roleplaying games. I discovered rpg's with a friend and we didn't have anyone to teach us or run a game for us so we took turns gm'ing for each other to learn.

Last edited:

kagayaku

First Post
Mid 20s, not too long ago. :D Honestly I didn't think anyone would want to play given how easy it is to forget about this kind of fun beyond childhood, but we're still going strong and we've even spawned more games! My DMing is still pretty terrible I think, but I'm getting better and luckily my players are quite forgiving.

Glad we tried it!

Edit: There's some pretty great stories in this thread :D

Last edited:

I think I was about 15 or 16. I bought the German DSA/TDE years before but never got to play until I discovered that some of my classmates got it too, so we did get started together.

Gilladian

Adventurer
I seriously can't remember! I know I ran Gamma World when I was around 14. I was already creating notebooks full of dungeons at that point, because I still have one or two of them. But I can't, for the life of me, actually remember running them. I think it was just so normal a thing that it wasn't worth remembering. There are definitely "signs" that my dungeons were used (HP tracking notes in margins, etc...), so I wasn't just creating them for fun. By the time I was 16-17 I was running games a LOT, and I've been mostly a DM for my adult life.

Tallifer

Hero
For more than one session for more than one friend, not until I was 48 years old.

However, those ill-fated experiments in my 20s and 30s did help me actually run for a group since 2013.

Adventure 52 c.jpg

Last edited:

Remove ads