How Old Were You When You Played Your First TTRPG?

How old were you when you played your first TTRPG?

• Under the age of 8

Votes: 18 12.9%
  • 9-10 years

Votes: 21 15.0%
  • 11-12 years

Votes: 48 34.3%
  • 13-14 years

Votes: 25 17.9%
  • 15-16 years

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • 17-18 years

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • 19-20 years

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Over the age of 20

Votes: 8 5.7%

R_J_K75

Legend
I was 7n in 1982 when my father brought us over to one of his friend's house where they were playing. They let me play next time we went there. Probably around the same time I smoked my first cigarette.
Being a kid in the 80's is not the same as being a kid today.
I know kids used to actually go outside and play and get into trouble. Everything our parents told us not to do we did. Looking back on the things we did and got away with its a miracle were still alive. Another difference being it was nothing for our mother to send us to walk 10 blocks alone to the store for a quart of milk when I was 7 or 8. Times sure have changed.

DammitVictor

Trust the Fungus
Supporter
I was twelve in 1993. I'd been trying to get into D&D for years, after finding my babysitter's Basic and Expert boxes, but my mother didn't think D&D was a good idea until she started dating a man who played. He was quite possibly the single stupidest human being I have ever met, and his children were almost as bad; there was something about those early, terrible games that took root in my heart, though, and when I talk about "old school" D&D I'm talking about that freewheeling munchkin nonsense.

Cruentus

Adventurer
I need to break out my abacus. Let's see, 1982 or so, I was 13, 7th grade. I had the Basic Set in a pink box, circa (1980 printing).

My friend got the Ad&d Player's Handbook, DMG, and MM, and so we used that. It was, after all, "Advanced", so had to be better, right!?! He was the always DM, and we've played from then till now... and I've gone back to Basic/OSE for my games :giggle:

Remove ads