D&D 5E Advice for Paladin Feats & Ability Scores

Vitor Bastos

Explorer
Hello guys,

Im finishing up my Paladin Vengeance Build, I just need some help picking my Feats/ASIs (PAM, GWM, Sentinel).
*IMPORTANT: The campaign will end around level 10. So I need to figure out what I should take on levels 1,4 and 8.

My Paladin's Race will be Variant Human and he'll take Oath of Vengeance. He will have a Soldier background. The main attribute will be STR.
Fighting Style will be Great Weapon Fighting, because my DM will allow rerolls on Smites.
We are gonna use Standard Array (15-14-13-12-10-8).
The 3 Feats that I find interesting to get are Polearm Master, Great Weapon Fighting and/or Sentinel.

At Level 1: Feat or ASI?
At Level 4: Feat or ASI?
At Level 8: Feat or ASI?

Str: ?
Dex: ?
Con: ?
Int: ?
Wis: ?
Cha: ?

What do you guys suggest and why?

CTurbo

Explorer
Option number 1

Half-Elf - 16 Str 16 Cha at level 1
Inspiring Leader at level 4
+2 to Cha at level 8

Option number 2

vhuman 16 Str 14 Char and Mounted Combat feat. Use Lance with dueling fighting style. You'd spam Find Steed and then Phantom Steed.
level 4 +2 Str
level 4 +2 Str

Option number 3

vhuman 16 Str 14 Cha and Magic Initiate feat: Bard - Vicious Mockery, Friends, and Dissonant Whispers
Level 4 +2 Cha
Level 8 +2 Cha

Option number 4

Half-Elf 16 Str 16 Cha
Level 4 +2 Str
Level 8 +2 Cha

Lillika

Explorer
I like
Str 15
Dex 10
Con 14
Int 8
Wis 12
Cha 13

Wiz and Dex can be switched, boost str and cha with +1 for human variant. GWM lvl 1, PAM 4, Sentinel or +2 str lvl 8. GWM is really fun, PAM may or may not be better, but you can't go wrong with either of these lvl 1 and 4, You could go +2 str lvl 4 and 8, but I find feats to define characters more and if you have a great way to get advantage GWM will be stronger. So it pretty much comes down to party composition as to which is stronger PAM or GWM, if you have say a druid or bard who will fairy fire or hypnotic pattern or entangle or give advantage you will do more damage with GWM and might even consider just taking this lvl 1 and + STR on 4 and 8, but if you don't have a great way to get consistent advantage PAM will give more consistent damage with the extra attack and more opp attacks. If you are the toughest character and enemies would prefer not attacking you then PAM and Sentinel get stronger with more opp attacks, but if they want to attack you anyways Sentinel loses some steam.

Remove ads