Dungeons and Dragons Art and Arcana : A Visual History to be released Oct 23rd

Patrick McGill

First Post
This came up randomly on my Facebook account, and I want it bad.

"An illustrated guide to the history and evolution of the beloved role-playing game told through the paintings, sketches, illustrations, and visual ephemera behind its creation, evolution, and continued popularity." Link here.

It's over 400 pages!

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Could be cool to have. I recently bought Realms which showcases the planescape art of Tony DiTerlizzi, it's pretty rad.

There have been some cool covers for Dragon and Dungeon magazine over the years, I wouldn't mind seeing a book that includes all of the covers for the magazines.

Hjorimir

Adventurer
I'm definitely getting this! The art of D&D has really been wonderful over the years. I can't count the number of hours I've spent in my life staring at these pictures letting my imagination run wild. Can't wait!

Three things worth noting:

1. This is apparently an officially licensed product (note the current-era logo).
2. It's being produced by Ten Speed Press, a Crown/Random House imprint with absolutely excellent graphic design and production values, so the book is likely to look *great*.
3. In addition to the $50 regular edition there's a $125 deluxe version with slipcase "and ephemera," whatever that refers to. Both are listed on Amazon.

delericho

Legend
There have been some cool covers for Dragon and Dungeon magazine over the years, I wouldn't mind seeing a book that includes all of the covers for the magazines.

Paizo published a book on the "Art of Dragon Magazine" some years ago, which appears to still be available (and at an absurdly low price). I would guess it probably doesn't include every cover, but it probably includes a good selection of the best ones!

That might be worth a look?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases