D&D 5E Lore & Legends Is An Official Visual Guide to D&D 5th Edition

The sequel to Art & Arcana, this 400+ page book features art and interviews

81Z6wfCB4xL.jpg

Coming in October from the authors of Dungeons and Dragons Art & Arcana: A Visual History is a new illustrated guide--this time to D&D 5th Edition, including artwork, interviews, and more. Lore & Legends is by Michael Witwer, Kyle Newman, Jon Peterson, and Sam Witwer, and is an officially licensed D&D book.

The 400+ page book is scheduled for release on October 3rd.

An illustrated guide to Dungeons & Dragons’ beloved fifth edition told through interviews, artwork, and visual ephemera from the designers, storytellers, and artists who bring it to life.

When the reimagined fifth edition of Dungeons & Dragons debuted in the summer of 2014, tabletop roleplaying games were on the brink of obsolescence. But within a few short years, D&D found greater success than it had ever enjoyed before, even surpassing its 1980s golden age. How did an analog game nearly a half century old become a star in a digital world? For the first time, Lore & Legends reveals the incredible ongoing story of Dungeons & Dragons fifth edition from the perspective of the designers, artists, and players who bring it to life. This comprehensive visual guide illuminates contemporary D&D—its development, evolution, cultural relevance, and popularity—through exclusive interviews and more than 900 pieces of artwork, photography, and advertising curated and analyzed by the authors of the bestselling and Hugo Award–nominated Dungeons & Dragons Art & Arcana.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I mean I'm sure we'll get a fair take on "Here's why Lost Mine of Phandelver is so great". I'm not sure we'll get "Descent into Avernus made a lot more sense before the marketing folks forced us to jam Baldur's Gate into it."
I think we will get some juicy stories alont thise lines without judgements per se, though probavly more tame than some of the gnarly 70's & 80's stuff from A&A.

On the other hand, Chris Perkins just posted a video talking about how the DMG was rushed, so we might get some surprising stuff here.

Burnside

Space Jam Confirmed
Supporter
Basically, I want the version of this written by retired, unfiltered Chris Perkins 20 years from now.

"Wait, wait, this this the best part! So then I walk into Fields' office and Jeremy is sitting there like a deer in headlights and I go, I go 'what? what is it now?' and O'Hara is like 'We're gonna hire the Pinkertons to destroy the OGL.' I'm like, 'We are?' You know? You - you guys think I'm kidding, but I'm not. Ah, it was a magical time!"

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator

Scheduled to be released on the US in both hardcover and digitally on Oct. 3. (No idea about international distribution, sorry.)

I'm very excited about this. Art & Arcana is great, both as an art book and as a history of D&D. It doesn't pull any punches about either the TSR or WotC eras. If this is as frank (and that remains to be seen, obviously), this will be a worthy companion book.

It's already available for preorder via Amazon.
It's available for pre-order on Amazon.it, so we're getting international distribution :)

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads