[AU] Stone Bones

Jaws

First Post
Wil

*Wil, in the middle of your finally dreamless rest, you are interrupted by a knock on the door. Finally dragging yourself awake, the echo of the avalanche voice still occasionally sounding in your head, you're greeted by Camilla, the barmaid that had been with Darthallys all night.*

"My pardon, but Darthallys wanted to see you. He should be just done with his bath now, so he should be right outside the bathhouse," she says, looking just a tad scared and worried.
"Thank you lass. There. There. Don’t worry. Things will be fine."

*I tip her a deuce. I get dressed.*

That wasn’t the same dream. There was more. Those faces. I know them all. Darthallys wants to see me. Atlas is here in town. And Leesea I bet is too. I wonder if Kelthet and Phaern are also. That is no coincidence.

*I gather all my belongings and go to the bathhouse.*

Jaws

First Post
Wil

Darthallys said:
"My apologies for the abrupt awakening, but you've invaded my dreams. I was hoping for an explanation, and you've always been good at talking."
"I didn't invade your dreams, Darthallys." Yet.

"I have been having these dreams for weeks now. I was hoping after the last one that you would have answers. Maybe Atlas is the one behind this. Where is he? If he doesn't know, I hope the others do. I believe Leesea is in town. She is smart. If she doesn't know, she can find out quickly. I couldn't say about Kelthet or Phaern. I haven't seen either one in a while. But I think we will run into them shortly if they don't find us first. What are your thoughts? Should we seek out the others before trying to figure this out on our own? Lets find Atlas. Do you know where he is? Lead the way."

*Wil tugs at his arm.*

"Lets go."

rangerjohn

Explorer
Atlas turns red-faced at the thought of collecting a debt for doing his duty. However I don't want to embarass the man further than he already is...

He responds "I think you kindly for your hospitality and ever if I am in need I will remember you. He turn to Ui-kasora, "if I may ask milady who were you visiting this evening?"

Erekose13

Explorer
Phaern Starspike, Spryte Magister 5

* Phaern is sitting on the edge of his bed pondering yesterday's dream again as the knock at the door awakens him from his reverie. He flits over to it to unlock the small lock that he had closed the night before. He realizes with a start that it was not actually locked, he must have been really distracted last night to have forgotten that. He opens the door cautiously. *

"Ah, Kelthet welcome, please do come in. You were in my dreams last night, did you know that? I have been trying to tell what the might mean. Come in, come in I want to tell you all about it. That and my trip of course. How have you been?"

*Phaern is still a little shaken by the shock of finding his door unlocked and the depth of his distraction. His responce comes out a bit stammered as he ushers Kelthet in. *

Rybaer

First Post
*Leesea ponders the hints of information regarding her vision gleaned from the akashic memory. It isn't much, but even a little bit of a clue can and usually does lead to others.*

*She finishes dressing and leaves her apartment in search of breakfast - this time leaving by the door and locking it behind her. After meeting with her contact in the Armorsmiths' Guild, she plans to wander town a bit...possibly in search of one of the others in the vision.*

dead_radish

Explorer
*Kelthet nods a curt greeting to Phaern. "I know. You were in mine, as well. And that giant, the akashik, several others, eh? It was no dream - it was a vision. 'Bones of the Earth.' You know anything?"

*Kelthet seats himself on the bed without really being asked, and ignores Phaerns polite questions, but that's not anything new - he's not very up on social niceties. He is also bouncing a bit on the bed as he sits, unconciously. He seems rather excited.

Hardhead

Explorer
Indacalis* is lost in thought. A Vision. The Spirits of the Green have given me a vision. But what does it mean? Bones of the Earth? And who are those six in the vision? What do they have to do with the Bones of the Earth? None of them looked like Greenbonds. Why should they be involved.

Indacalis sat in the cave that had served as his home for the night. In a way, it reminded him of his first cave-home that he lived in after he'd left his family, but before he met Jarik. In a way, it also reminded him of the cave from his vision. What did that mean?. Indacalis knew, deep down, that he had little chance of figuring that out himself. He was well aware of his own mental limitations. The minds of others seemed so quick compared to his! As a child, he earned the nickname "the Rock," not for any physical reasons - he was a weakling - but because he was so dense. His thoughts moved across his brain at geologic speeds.

It was at this time that Indacalis felt a strange urge, one that he'd never felt before. The city. Yes, that was it. The city... called him. He wanted to go there. How strange.

After some hours of contemplating this, he came to a conclusion. I must find those that I saw in the Vision, the ones named by the spirits. I feel like I should go to the city. Perhaps... and here he made a great leap of logic, Perhaps the ones in the vision are there.

With that, he mounted his horse, and rode into nearby Ra-toqu. All Sibeccai know at least a little about gathering information in a town, even Indacalis, and so he made his way to the local inn, and walked straight to the barkeep.

"I am looking for a human named Kelthet, a spryte named Phaern Starstrike, a human named Wil Restat, a giant named Atlas, a fellow Raised One named Darthallys, and a spryte named, Leesea Elmsbreath. Do you know anything about any of them? I can pay for the information." Even Indacalis was aware that he was perhaps being a bit blunt, but it had been a long time since he had been in a city, and he was nervous.

* Pronounced In-DAK-a-lis

Last edited:

Corinthi

First Post
Darthallys nods at Wil and frowns just a touch, "Hrm. I has hoped you'd know more, although you seem to know more of those from the vision? Maybe finding them will return peace to our dreams." He follows the tugging Runethane, "And before you shatter that delusion, I do know how unlikely it is. I just don't like my dreams twisted."

He muses as he walks along, "I doubt it's Atlas behind all this. He's not an especially subtle man." This from someone ready to gut a man in the bar a short hour ago. "But I agree we should find him. He's been gone too long and has probably found trouble. Any other man we'd find with a woman. Unnatural he is."

Darthallys follows the Runethane along, reaching back to check the Athame he knows is securely strung across his back.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Corinthi said:
Darthallys nods at Wil and frowns just a touch, "Hrm. I has hoped you'd know more, although you seem to know more of those from the vision? Maybe finding them will return peace to our dreams." He follows the tugging Runethane, "And before you shatter that delusion, I do know how unlikely it is. I just don't like my dreams twisted."

He muses as he walks along, "I doubt it's Atlas behind all this. He's not an especially subtle man." This from someone ready to gut a man in the bar a short hour ago. "But I agree we should find him. He's been gone too long and has probably found trouble. Any other man we'd find with a woman. Unnatural he is."

Darthallys follows the Runethane along, reaching back to check the Athame he knows is securely strung across his back.

OOC: Well he is with a woman, just not the way you would prefer. :)

Erekose13

Explorer
Phaern Starspike, Spryte Magister 5

"Hmm, I remember that some undergoe ceremonies that deal with the Earth. Umm... right, mages who wish to gain a closer connection to the element of earth go through a ceremony deep underground. Part of the ritual involves the phrase, the Bones of the Earth. Let me see how did it go again... "As long as the bones of the earth stand, let you power linger." I am not sure what that has to do with our dream, perhaps we should try to see if the university library here in Ka-Rone has any information on that. We can start by looking up information on the ceremony.

"Do you know any of the other individuals in the dream? I know the Sibeccai, Darthallys and the Giant, Atlas, we used to adventure together. I think I met the greasy haired guy at some point but I dont remember too clearely. I dont recognize the spryte woman from anywhere though. (Or the Greenbond if he too was in the dream). I don't know where they might be now, having just come back from the sea. I guess it has been quite a while since I have seen you too. We need to catch up."

Remove ads