Most Needed Minis

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
Agree on the hobgoblins. I'm not fond of most of he sculpts out there either. My favorites are Jason Wiebe's sculpts from Reaper, but I'm not big on the rest of the Reaper line hobgoblins.

A friend gave me a ton of the WOTC pre-painted hobgoblins. I repainted a couple, but again, not great sculpts.

The old GW hobgoblins with the stupid hats are some of the worst.

Most of the Hobgoblin illustrations have some sort of asian-influenced armor look including the current Monster Manual.

My solution is to buy a set of Old Glory Samurai - 30 miniatures in white metal for $36. Add fangs and bigger ears and paint up a whole regiment of hobgoblins that would look better than anything currently on the market!

I've got 6 Otherworld Hobgoblins and love them since they are straight out of the 1e MM. Love their stuff.

ow%20hobgobs%202%20small.JPG

http://otherworldminiatures.co.uk/shop/humanoid-tribes/ht4d-hobgoblin-iv/#

Their pig faced orcs rule too. Though those without an AD&D fetish like myself my not like the styling.

Last edited:

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
I want generic adventurers

generic guards

generic commoners

generic soldiers

generic bandits

Basically, A crap ton of humanoids, of varying races. Plus ample Lizard folk, Orcs, Goblins, Eldritch horrors.

Sacrosanct

Legend
I've got 6 Otherworld Hobgoblins and love them since they are straight out of the 1e MM. Love their stuff.

Their pig faced orcs rule too. Though those without an AD&D fetish like myself my not like the styling.

I love otherworld minis. That's where I've got some of my aforementioned minis from above. But then again, I prefer 1e aesthetic anyway, so...

akr71

Hero
Female dwarves, gnomes and halflings - preferably sensibly attired ones at that.

Dragonborn

A beholder

Dragons

Giants

Elementals

I backed the Bones 4 Kickstarter, so next winter some of these gaps will be filled.

dave2008

Legend
I would love to get a colossal (or larger) Tiamat. The official ones are way to small. I ended up buying a custom "5-headed dragon" that I am in the very slow process of modifying to look more like the official Tiamat. This one is over 18" tall, so the size feels about right.
Tiamat.jpg

I want generic adventurers

generic guards

generic commoners

generic soldiers

generic bandits

Basically, A crap ton of humanoids, of varying races. Plus ample Lizard folk, Orcs, Goblins, Eldritch horrors.

Seconded. I always need bandits, guards, thugs, evil spellcasters, cultists.

And how about some modern mini's as well?

Also, a box of pre-painted dungeon furniture minis.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
Seconded. I always need bandits, guards, thugs, evil spellcasters, cultists.

And how about some modern mini's as well?

Also, a box of pre-painted dungeon furniture minis.

Dude. I could totally get behind some dungeon/general interior decor minis. Putting crates and barrels in an interior space I don't know what to do with gets old. :p Especially because my players will ALWAYS ask what is in those things... and I want to be like, "Nothing... but you do find a label slapped onto the barrel with the words 'Homefill' on it."

Remove ads