Psion class (Mearls, Happy Fun Hour)

The psion that Mearls has so far, I am really happy about the archetypes.

• Constructor (force constructs drawn from ones own mind ... or an enemys nightmare)

So Constructors are Green Lanterns? :eek: :eek: :eek: That will be awesome.
But are the constructs transparent since its made of Force?

gyor

Legend

Force doesn't have to be transparent, the Temple of the Gods spell creates a Temple out of force, but its not transparent unless you choose to make it so.

Aldarc

Legend
The Lurk was a pretty terrible class in 3E. I would prefer that if there is a psychic rogue subclass, that it took inspiration from the Dreamscarred Press class, the Cryptic. But the Cryptic could also map nicely to the Warlock.

gyor

Legend
The Lurk was a pretty terrible class in 3E. I would prefer that if there is a psychic rogue subclass, that it took inspiration from the Dreamscarred Press class, the Cryptic. But the Cryptic could also map nicely to the Warlock.

A 5e Rogue subclass Lurk will likely work better then a 3e Lurk, basic concept tied to the basic successful Rogue Chassis.

Aldarc

Legend
A 5e Rogue subclass Lurk will likely work
Maybe, but my point is that the 3E Lurk was boring and weak while the Cryptic is an imaginative take on the concept of a psionic rogue. If given the choice, I would hope that 5E would look more at what Dreamscarred Press is doing with psionics and not at what WotC did in some of their old supplements. The Lurk needs to be more distinct than the psionic version of the Arcane Trickster.

tglassy

Adventurer
From what they’ve said, the Lurk would be able to do things like open a door in front of a guard, but make the guard think it was closed the whole time and that the room is empty. Not exactly Illusions, but altering what the guard retains from what he sees.

Aldarc

Legend
But that’s what the Psychic Warrior WAS! Literally! It had nothing intrinsic. It was 8 bonus feats and psychic powers, with a fighter’s hit Dice and proficiencies, except maybe saving throws. That’s it. It was literally a class made to have a Fighter with psychic powers.
Please see Dreamscarred Press for more info about what the Psychic Warrior (and many other psionic classes) has since become.

Yaarel

He Mage

I think of the constructor as the Star Trek ‘holodeck’. Objects made out of force.

The main difference is, a kind of ‘phantasmal’ resonance. The constructor can also ‘pull’ objects out of an other persons mind, so that that person is especially impacted by the object, even while other people can see the object as well.

If adding to this telekinetic mastery, there is awesome reality-warping flavor.

gyor

Legend
I think of the constructor as the Star Trek ‘holodeck’. Objects made out of force.

The main difference is, a kind of ‘phantasmal’ resonance. The constructor can also ‘pull’ objects out of an other persons mind, so that that person is especially impacted by the object, even while other people can see the object as well.

If adding to this telekinetic mastery, there is awesome reality-warping flavor.

So a Psionic Holodeck character.

gyor

Legend
From what they’ve said, the Lurk would be able to do things like open a door in front of a guard, but make the guard think it was closed the whole time and that the room is empty. Not exactly Illusions, but altering what the guard retains from what he sees.

Jedi mind trick.

Remove ads