D&D 5E (IC) Rise of the Dracolich

FitzTheRuke

Legend
[roll0]

Kalorn's last few words to the man held extra weight and resonance as Sesto stood behind him. The man drained his drink and did not smile as he nodded and stood, "If that's the way of it, then I'll be off. Yer Mother will miss you, boy."

Without another word, he turned and walked out the front door.

A few of the Drow had trailed off in their own conversations to watch this exchange. They now went back to speaking among themselves, though some smiled and nodded their approval. Threats were something they understood well, and they approved.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
OOC: and now it works again - first roll was a 4 too ha! ( http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollname=Kalorn ) Thanks for the roll

Kalorn saw the man depart, and beckoned Luko forward. He also nodded his thanks to Sesto.

Now boy, I'm not quite sure I got him to run off for good - couldn't get in the proper rhythm. I don't think they are going to be foolish enough to attack this inn, given the clientele but... they might try tomorrow. If they are smart, they won't but... they might be too angry to be smart. And if we do it right, you won't have to worry about them again.

So tell me ... how they do their ambushes...

The predatory gleam had not left Kalorn's eyes. He had killed many would be robbers and brigands over the years, and wasn't about to stop.

Fradak

Explorer
His back against the front wall, Lorenn observed silently the walking man as he was leaving in the dark. This night, this smell, this city... All those sensations brought him back in time, when he was a young wily boy. Other town, same tricks. He looked up toward a nearby house. Eko, perched on the roof, took off and followed the man, flying in the night sky.

Lorenn grinned then entered the tavern. The atmosphere was a bit heavy for his taste with all of those sidelong glances and whispering. Even Drows like parties, and he knows what he's talking about. Time to sheer everyone up!

Later Lorenn will check the rooms for magic and then place mental Alarms for the night.

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Sesto was glad to see the rough-looking man leave the inn without a fight. Hmm, I don't think we have seen the last of him yet, he mused. Well, we would be prepared, he hoped.
Sesto turned to Luko and asked if there was a temple of Lathander nearby. He would like to seek shelter there instead of this over-crowded inn. If not, he would have to settle for a spot on the floor. But seriously, the temple would be much nicer.

OOC: As an Acolyte, Sesto could be offered support by those who shares his religion at an modest lifestyle.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Luko explained to Kalorn that he was meant to have brought the group down a lane closer to the water, and not the one under the watchful gaze of the Dwarves of the Mirabar Shield. There, they would have been shot from the roofs of two warehouses, robbed, and dumped off the cliffs into the river. The warehouses were occupied by thugs of Ship Rethnor, and there was no law in Luskan that to stop them from murdering and robbing people who passed by their property, unless those people were under the protection of a more powerful Ship.

Then the boy told Sesto, "Erm. Lathander? We don't get as much sun 'ere as ye do in th'South. Uhm... Ther's an' ol' Lady what lives in a tent just on th'edge of the Ruins of Illlusk. Her tent's got a Sun on it, like yers. I hear tha' she keeps the ol' orc-ghosts from comin' out an' eating us up. I dunno, mebbe she'd help ye? But I don' think ye should go by yerself. Ye'd have ta take Dalath's Cross Bridge an' then head fer the Market. Lots of places ta get jumped on th'way."

OOC: The Ships of Luskan are gangs, not boats (though they have several). You are currently on the North Bank, which is mostly warehouses and trade-posts. The city proper is on the other side of the river. It's not clear if you'd be safer if people knew that your business was with the Arcane Brotherhood, or not.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
"We will be going to the Tower Arcane tomorrow" Kalorn replied in a low voice. "Can you get us there and avoid the Ship Rethnor's territory? Are they active during the day?"

He smiled grimly

"If they can't be avoided, or the alternative is worse well then... we'll have to deal with them"

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Well, they won' be up too early 'cause o' the grog." answered Luko chuckling, then his eyes grew wide as he thought of the implications of Kalorn's revelation on tomorrow's mission. "Ye have business wit' the Brotherhood? Do they know yer here? Tha' changes things. Ship Rethnor wud not mess witcha knowin' that. Least I don' think they'd. It'd be bold of 'em."

Drow who were listening nodded and made note not to pick a fight with possible wizards.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Mord watched the confrontation from the corner of his eyes. He could have dealt handily with the man, but didn't want to expose himself to any potential spies. He would have stepped in were there a need, but subtlety was his best weapon and the situation was already too public. His father could have spies, even in a place like this.

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Sesto nodded at Luko's warning. You're right. I better stay here. If I'm going to be robbed on the way to the "Sun" then I might as well get robbed here by the inn keeper... at the least I will keep my life!
Sesto handed Luko a copper piece for his honest advice and went to the inn keeper to make arrangements. Safer here were people think we are friends of the Brotherhood.

Remove ads