D&D 5E (IC) Rise of the Dracolich

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
"We might as well take all the beds in the 2 rooms, less our enterprising innkeeper sell the empty one to other guests..." answered Kalorn

OOC: seeing how little room the mordguards take, 2 rooms should be enough for the whole party and the NPCs

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The two rooms were mirror-image of each other, with a hearth between them, and they stayed quite warm through a night of wind and rain. Luko slept like it was the best night's sleep he'd ever had. Annoyingly, someone blew a horn to rouse the Drow just before dawn and the Inn was a bustle of activity for a short spell as they ate and left to fit out their ship and be gone with the tide. Then the Inn was quiet and there was time for another hour's sleep, if anyone wanted to take it.

The common room was nearly empty when the first of the group went downstairs to seek breakfast. A woman was behind the bar and she said, "Warm oats are free with the rooms. Mutton and eggs for a silver."

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Oats are good. Could I have some milk with it too, please. Sesto was ready to break the fast. He had already performed his prayers and rituals and was looking forward to some breakfast. Today would be a big day. It would probably be defining the rest of the trip. If they were lucky they would retrieve the horn quickly and be on their way back by the evening. if not... only time will tell.
... unless I ask my God.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
That evening Mord renewed his spell on the Mordguard at the cusp of midnight as was his usual time. (OOC: The dagger re barges at midnight so might as well keep it as fully charged as possible.) He did his best to keep it quiet, so as to not bother anyone sleeping in the room at that time.

The next morning he happily purchased the mutton and eggs to help fuel any coming exertions during the coming day. Possibly even with a certain aggrieved 'ship'.

"Best we keep a keen eye out until we're safely away from this particular port. I doubt your guide's 'family' will simply let this be." The warlock mentioned once the majority of the group had assembled.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
In the somewhat cramped room, Kalorn removed his armor. Despite having it worn for several days, there was very little smell - magic had its benefits. He ordered Sooty to keep watch, made sure his sword was well in reach, the door locked, and slept.

He was falling. Faster now. The runes on the cliff were moving past him too quickly, he couldn't decipher them anymore. At the base of the mountain, a sword, black, was planted in the ground, reflecting the purplish moon. He fell towards it, closer, closer...

He opened his eyes. It was morning, and a horn was blowing. He put on his chainmail, belted his sword, and headed downstairs.

"Oats for me, Mutton for the lad"

He nodded at Mord. "I agree. This is like a bandit infested forest, except instead of having a bandit every mile, it's one every block. We should travel fully expecting violence. And leave soon before they get organized I have a spell I can use in advance, and I'll send my familiar up to look at the roofs. I hope Luka will steer us past trouble, but if it finds us anyway... their funeral." he concluded with a grim smile.

tglassy

Adventurer
“Oh, I love trouble,” Primus said as he ate his oats and milk. He loved oats and milk. The blander the better. Strange, as he usually liked good, flavorful foods, but there was something about oats and milk that reminded him of his mother. He’d stayed up all night talking to the Drow. Such pleasant company. Had so many racy stories. “I’d rather conserve energy, but it’s always fun to stretch the mind.”

Fradak

Explorer
Nestled all slug in his bed, Lorenn was sleeping late. The smell of the kitchen waked him up. "Not now, Isabella.."He opened an eye and looked around, yawning, trying to remember were he was.

"Oh, yeah...crap."

Then, as the mission came back to his mind, he thought to Eko and called him back.

"Hey buddy, so what did you discover?"

When he was done cuddling Eko, Lorenn get ready and went down stairs, directly at the bar, holding his head in pain.

"Not so loud lady, by the gods. No, nothing for me, just give me the same booze than last night, it will do."

Hearing everyone talking about the plan, Lorenn gave what information he got from Eko.

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Eko had followed the man Dullon to a warehouse on a steep hill overlooking the river. The little bat-familiar found his way through a hole in the roof and worked his way along the rafters until he found a spot where he could observe the large open room below. (The other bats ignored him, still hibernating from the cold).

The room had a dozen rough-looking men and a few ladies of the night. They were drinking, gambling, and partying and they stopped to hear Dullon's report. A large man with a terrible facial scar smashed Dullon in the face after hearing what he had to say. There was some discussion, but it seemed that in the end, they decided not to attack the Inn (too many Drow) and continued to party into the night.

At a late hour, the ladies left, and one who was still standing locked the doors before turning in. Most of the rest had passed out or were otherwise sleeping. Eko watched until just before dawn, and then he returned to the One-Eyed Jax to tuck himself next to Lorenn.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Kalorn's raised an eyebrow. They were willing to attack an inn?! I suppose that our coin was well spent here.

This place is lawless in the extreme. I suppose we could do a preemptive attack, but I don't think that it will make a difference unless we're willing to kill a quarter of the town, and we have better things to do. So let's get ready and head to the tower before these lumps get up and bite more than they can chew.

...ha."

Remove ads