• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (IC) Rise of the Dracolich

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Sesto thought about Andruss the Dusk and his claim about Maccath the Crimson. It was clear that Andruss was taking advantage of the situation, but it seemed unlikely that he would lie about her absence. In fact, if Imani's Agents were to perform the task for Andruss and he did not produce information on her whereabouts, it would be an obvious violation of basic deal-making. While the Arcane Brotherhood had a mixed reputation at best, they were not known to back out of a deal, in particular one that benefited them at very little cost.

No, it seemed to Sesto that it was likely true that Maccath the Crimson was not present. The bigger question was: What would they have to do for Andruss to tell them where she was, and when he did, what would they have to do to get to her?

gargoyleking

Adventurer
As the wizard turned his back, Mord spoke quietly in response to Kalorn's suggestion. "Imami will not intervene in this matter. We will be expected to handle whatever comes our way. At best we may occasionally pick his brain for clues on how to proceed with some matters. Besides, we may need to acquire some additional supplies before we reach our true destination."

Then he dismounted, and dismissed the nightmare before climbing the steps to the tower.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Kalorn's jaw clutched. Too many wizards and too much intrigue... but a small part of him was curious - what did the wizard want? It would be telling wouldn't it? He followed Mord in.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Andruss the Dusk led Imani's Agents to a suite on one of the middle levels of the western part of the tower. A servant stoked the fire in the moderate hearth as cold wind from the sea crept through the shuttered window. The Wizard offered wine (a modest vintage) and sat perched on a desk cluttered with papers and objects with his back to a shelf of books and oddities. He said, "I do not usually involve myself in the affairs of Luskan, but it so happens that I owe a favour to one of the High Captains. It appears that a Ship that is rival to my friend has developed a new technique to reinforce the hulls of their ships; I will not bore you with the details, but it involves installing copper plating. Copper that can only be provided by the Mirabar Shield trade post. A shipment of these copper sheets is being held in a warehouse there, exclusively for my friend's rival. My friend is willing to pay for them, but the Mirabarrans will only trade with my friend's rival. I would like you to acquire the copper sheets. How you do it is up to you: Convince the traders to sell or steal them; I care not."

He paused and awaited comments and reactions, wondering what he would learn of this strange collection of adventurers.

Fradak

Explorer
Taking notes, Lorenn asked "Location, size, weight, guards and where do we deliver?"

He liked how it gave him a pro style.

Last edited:

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
"The simplest way for that is for your friend to set up a shell buyer - us. He has the funds already if he is willing to pay...

... and what has this friend done for the dwarves not be willing to trade with him?"

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"It is not so much anything that my friend has done," replied the Wizard, "It is that the two Ships are in direct competition. One holds the contract with the Mirabarrans, while the other does not. I do not know if a third party could insert itself, but it seems possible."

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Mord studied Andruss for a moment and then smiled and his form shimmered and changed, seeming to dissolve into another form entirely. Now a Waterdeep noble sat in his place. His voice was deep and aristocratic, it even seemed more normal than Mord's voice normally sounded. "I've heard so much about the wonders of your copper plating. I told my father that we simply MUST outfit our entire fleet with them!"

Remove ads