D&D 5E (IC) Rise of the Dracolich

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"Indeed..." Mord stood up, ready to go and went to the stables where he prepared and cast a ritual to conjure a nightmare of a horse. The creatures coat was black as coal with bright blue eyes and a mane, and tail, of purple flames. It came equipped for riding and Mord mounted as he waited for his companions to join him.

OOC: Ritual cast:phantom Steed. Not an actual nightmare, but Mord loves to put a certain flair to all of his spell work and this seemed to be particularly intimidating, especially for this city.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Luskars had a healthy fear of spellcasters, what with the Arcane Brotherhood occupying the Host Tower and operating outside of the political structure of the city, such as it was. Wizards generally walked with impunity in Luskan, as Mord discovered when his overall demeanor screamed "spellcaster not to be trifled with". His Mordguard walked one in front, two behind his phantom steed, and the citizenry parted in front of him. An urchin shrieked and ran from him in tears.

Luko led the group across the Dalath's span bridge, through the City, past a large town square with a well. The procession was remarkable; townsfolk noticed, and they got out of the way. They passed the ruins of Illuskar, old Orcish constructions that had not been consumed by the city due to long-held superstition. Sesto spotted the large tent with a Sun emblazoned on its door flap - the symbol of Amaunator.

Finally, they came to the Dark Arch, the first of two bridges that led to the island upon which was the Host Tower of the Arcane. The Dark Arch led to Closeguard Island, where Luko said, "Never been here. Only Ship Kurth's allowed on this bridge. I guess they won' stop ya, ye havin' business with the Brotherhood."

In fact, he was right; the guards and sailors of Ship Kurth watched as the group passed by the castle that belonged to the Kurth High Captain. They crossed Sword Bridge unchallenged as well, to Cutlass Island, where the Host Tower stood next to a large walled stable. Here, a wizard of the Brotherhood met them, as if their arrival had long been expected.

He stood above them, on the stairs leading up to the tower and held up a hand, saying, "Welcome travellers. I am Andruss the Dusk. What business do you have with the Brotherhood Arcane?"

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Mord had read the situation correctly, and he hid a small smile as they progressed through the city without the slightest problem. Upon being challenged at the entrance to the tower he took it upon himself to reply as be fitted his perceivable position, if perhaps not his actual one. "We have come at the behest of Imami, Sage of Hap on an urgent matter. I believe that we are expected."

He didn't want to say too much, too publicly. And felt that this would suffice for admission.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Kalorn's preparation had been not as dramatic. He had laughed at Mord's trick, but approved - "Yes, give them something to think about!"'. He also had given Luko another silver piece, to take them to their next destination.

He had poured water on the ground as they left the inn, calling upon the ancient accords. Normally Kalorn wished the spell was completely invisible, but today the blue shimmer was perhaps desirable. Leading the way with Luko besides him, his glare was as icy as the spell.

He didn't add to Mord's declaration, judging it sufficient. He murmured to Luko. "I don't know where next after this, but there will be at least one more job for you I suppose"

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"I have not heard of this Imani of Hap. You are expected by whom?" asked Andruss the Dusk, curious as to who would send and who would receive such an odd assembly.

OOC: I'm going to assume you tell him and move on. You might not even remember."

When told that they were expected by Maccath the Crimson, the wizard replied, "The Crimson is not here. She left weeks ago by sea and has not returned. I'm afraid that your quest for this 'Sage of Hap' has failed. Unless... yes. I could, perhaps discover for you her last known location, in exchange for a brief mission."

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Mord studied the wizard for a long moment then smiled approvingly. This was a man after his own heart. "Assuming that said mission was reimbursed in more than mere information, I'm sure that we could come to an arrangement. Perhaps we could speak in a more private venue?"

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
"Perhaps our employer, Imani, can perform this tast" said Kalorn flatly.

Ooc: I don't think that Kalorn knows about the speaking stone, but he hopes that the party has a way of reaching Imani...

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Yes, if you are willing to consider my proposal, than I will happily invite you into my study to discuss it." replied Andrus the Dusk and he waved his hand and the doors of the tower opened before him. He turned and walked inside, expecting the group to follow.

Fradak

Explorer
"So we have to do a *brief* mission for someone we don't trust to be able to do a *quick* quest for an other stranger to get the opportunity to use something we don't understand to call someone we don't know to kill someone else.

What could go wrong, let's go. " said Lorenn to himself.

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
“We come on a mission, then find that we need to go on a mission to find the person who was to send us on our mission, but have to do a mission for you in order to know where to find the person we are to find to go on our mission. I sense more rabbit trails than I am inclined to accept.”

Remove ads