D&D 5E (IC) Rise of the Dracolich

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The man eyed Primus suspiciously but shrugged, "Sure'n I could use a drink before gettin' the lad 'ome."

Kalorn looked for a resemblance between the child and his 'father' and found it impossible to be certain. As the man turned to order a drink on Primus' copper, Kalorn spared a glance at Luko. The boy was trembling and looking at his feet.

tglassy

Adventurer
Primus eyes the boy.

Do not be alarmed, Primus said to the boy’s mind. I come from far away, and have learned to communicate using only my mind. You may respond in the same way, and this man will not hear. Tell me, boy. Who is this man, and why does he want you?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Luko continued to look at his feet and he thought at Primus, Tha's Dullon, a mean swab. I wuz s'posed ta lead ye t'ambush, but I thought better o' it when ye was so generous t'me. (Also, Kalorn said I'd die first, if'n I betrayed ye.) Now I'm in deep wit' Ship Rethnor. S'why I want'd ta stay wit' ye."

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Mord looked around the inn with a small smile on his face. Few, if any in this place would have a qualm with his guard if they knew exactly what they were. Some could tell and even smiled approvingly. He had no intention of making friends however, and made his way to the innkeeper.

"A bed and 3 'floor' spaces in a room for myself and my guard. I'd also like a meal and a cup of wine."

tglassy

Adventurer
Primus silently relayed the information the kid gave to the others, being sure to explain how he could speak to them.

To the kid, he said I assure you, if you remain with us, no harm will befall you. We will deal with Dullon.

OOC: Ill give someone else a chance to make a move on Dullon. I’m not good with Persuasion or talking. My Charisma is a +0. Unless you want me to give him a headache. I could do that.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Kalorn's eyes widened at the price. But if it was to buy safety.... "we'll take the 2 rooms. I hope that includes breakfast". Kalorn figured that Mord's "servants" wouldn't mind "sleeping" on the floor - heck they could keep watch.

Kalorn nodded back at Luko. He was about to intervene when Primus started talking to the man - he waited, to see what his companion would do. His eyes widened somewhat at the moment the mental message went through. He had seen no spell - but his uncle had told him that some sorcerers could cast without a word.

"Understood. A useful power you have there Primus, it alone is worth having you along", he mentally replied.

He mentally told Sooty to keep watch, trying to parse the "channels". He wanted to cast, but it may not have been wise in a room full of Drow. Still. He approached Primus and Dullon.

"What a helpful lad you have here. So honest and forthright, bringing us to this lovely establishment. We need him for a while. But he'll be fairly compensated."

Kalorn's face spread in a broad grin, his blood shot eyes turning predatory.

"You can get compensated too, for your trade. It will be so much fun. Paint the walls red. Then we'll stitch your bones up, wrap in leather, and you can be helpful for centuries. You can bring your little friends too."

intimidate vs would be robber in drow inn: 1D20+7 = [5]+7 = 12

"Or, you could go home"

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Sesto had followed the rest of the group from the docks to the inn called One-Eyed-Jax. He had taken up the rear and kept an eye out for trouble that might arrive from behind. Nothing untoward happened but he saw a man peering around a corner once and then again, around another corner, the same man showed his head. At that point he thanked his God that they had found a good guide that knew how to avoid danger.

And now, the same man was standing there wanting to take the boy away and the boy was obviously scared of the man. Something was amiss!
Then, very unexpectedly, he heard Primus voice in his head explaining who the man actually was.
Kalorn was trying to bully the rough-looking man to leave but seem to struggle to intimidate him. Sesto decided to try to help. He walked up to Kalorn, touched his shoulder and whispered some divine words in Kalorn's ear. Hopefully Lathander would guide Kalorn's words to achieve full effect.
Sesto stepped back to watch how it would unfold.

OOC: Sesto cast Guidance on Kalorn:
GUIDANCE
Divination cantrip
Casting Time: I action
Range: Touch
Components: V, S
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute
You touch one willing creature. Once before the spell
ends, the target can roll a d4 and add the number rolled
to one ability check of its choice. It can roll the die before
or after making the ability check. The spell then ends.

Remove ads