It's All Fun Until You Poke an Eye Out, or Mike Mearls talks Erathis

First thought, I find it intriguing he's writing summaries for 4E deities.

Second thought, Erathis seems more hardcore about spreading civilization than I remember from 4E. However, my own personal setting uses the goddess Sagawehn (a goddess mentioned in a single 4E article as having been killed for being too lawful and opposing free will), so I'll probably steal these new Erathis details to use for her.

dave2008

Legend

Second thought, Erathis seems more hardcore about spreading civilization than I remember from 4E. However, my own personal setting uses the goddess Sagawehn (a goddess mentioned in a single 4E article as having been killed for being too lawful and opposing free will), so I'll probably steal these new Erathis details to use for her.

These are is "5e" write ups of the Nentir Vale Pantheon in his home campaign I believe

Neat. I dig the Dawn War Pantheon, and it’s what I generally use for my homebrews. For me, it feels generic enough without being flavorless.

Though, I did have a terrible player running a cleric of Erathis back in 4e. All he ever did was bother NPCs with questions about their area’s justice system.

Neat. I dig the Dawn War Pantheon, and it’s what I generally use for my homebrews. For me, it feels generic enough without being flavorless.

Though, I did have a terrible player running a cleric of Erathis back in 4e. All he ever did was bother NPCs with questions about their area’s justice system.

I tend to think of the pantheon as the "highlights of D&D deities with some (mostly promising) newcomers added on." I tend to use a version of the DW with some PF core deities (mostly good ones) thrown in.

E

Elderbrain

Well, the 4e pantheon IS presented in the DMG, and people who played Clerics of said gods in 4e are probably going to want to in 5e. Also DMs using the 4e cosmology and assumptions.

Wrathamon

Adventurer
His home game is still using the 4e campaign setting of Nentir Veil, so it's probably easy to use that as a space for him to test out ideas. Also, some people still uses that world so it could be useful for others?

Remove ads