Marvel's Iron Fist Season 2 - Much Better

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
And I don't think it was intended to end up well for him. I think we'd have been seeing stories focused on how power corrupts - or at least tempts one into corruption - before Luke pulled his head out of his posterior and became a better man again. Pretty good, meaty stuff for a season of a superhero show.

Exactly. And I thought that fall could very well be set up to leave him in a good place for Heroes for Hire to make sense. This process would probably have enough besmirching that he's no longer super-respected in Harlem. The endorsement deals fall through, he needs cash, and so on.

Hussar

Legend
Oh, well that sucks.

Wonder if this is a Disney thing. They're going to bring all the Marvel titles together under the new Disney pay service, maybe?

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Oh, well that sucks.

Wonder if this is a Disney thing. They're going to bring all the Marvel titles together under the new Disney pay service, maybe?

I get the impression they aren't being relaunched on the Disney service - the actors don't seem to think so as far as I've seen. It seems to mostly be Disney/Marvel consolidating its IP to outlets it has at least part ownership of (Runaways and Cloak and Dagger are on Hulu (30% Disney) and FreeForm (100% Disney, I think)).

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I get the impression they aren't being relaunched on the Disney service - the actors don't seem to think so as far as I've seen. It seems to mostly be Disney/Marvel consolidating its IP to outlets it has at least part ownership of (Runaways and Cloak and Dagger are on Hulu (30% Disney) and FreeForm (100% Disney, I think)).

Hmm, yeah unlikely to be new seasons but the Characters are now freed up to use elsewhere and I for one would be happy if DOnofrio reprised his Kingpin in a Spiderman movie

or perhaps we'll see Luke Cage showing up in the 'new' New Avengers movie

Zardnaar

Legend
Watched a few episodes of Luke Cage, Jessica Jones and the Iron Fist pilot. Gave up when they announced cancelations but Iron Fist was rough.

Gotham and Agents if Shield were a bit better but gave up in them and Flash.

Remove ads