Unmoving Arrow [Uncommon Magic Item]

Yunru

Banned
Banned
This magical arrow expands inside the target, causing 1d6 slashing damage and becoming impossible to remove.

As a side note, what's the most abusive thing you can think of doing with this?

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
The archer who is attuned to it, always knows the location of the arrow and the most direct path to it, as in the Find the Path spell, but no concentration is required (only attunement).

Useful to tracking down tricky adversaries with teleportation magic.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Wait, I'm a bit confused, does "Impossible to remove" mean that you can't heal the wound? That's rather harsh.

Anyway!
As a side note, what's the most abusive thing you can think of doing with this?

You could choke someone to death with it, but killing someone is hardly the worst you could do to someone.
Pinning someone to a wall, now they are your prisoner forever! Or at least until someone breaks down the wall.
Wait, scratch that, pin someone to somebody else.

When I first clicked on this thread, I though it would be the arrow version of the Immovable Rod. Hit someone, and they are stuck in place until they manage to rip themselves free with a significant HP cost.

Yunru

Banned
Banned
Wait, I'm a bit confused, does "Impossible to remove" mean that you can't heal the wound? That's rather harsh.

Anyway!

You could choke someone to death with it, but killing someone is hardly the worst you could do to someone.
Pinning someone to a wall, now they are your prisoner forever! Or at least until someone breaks down the wall.
Wait, scratch that, pin someone to somebody else.

When I first clicked on this thread, I though it would be the arrow version of the Immovable Rod. Hit someone, and they are stuck in place until they manage to rip themselves free with a significant HP cost.

All things I hadn't considered.
It's only impossible to remove from the person it hits. Imagine a regular barb, if the barb fused with your flesh.
Over time the body would slowly push it out, but we're talking time spans greater than most adventures.
You can heal, it's just you'd heal around it.

Primarily the thought was to use it to tether flying enemies, or as a fireable grappling hook.

aco175

Legend
I like the idea,but think that it does not mesh with 5e mechanics well. You seem to be opening up ideas about wounds and medical checks to remove,or other ideas on how to bypass. Might be along the lines of critical hits and such where some people do not mind another system on top of normal HP and damage.

I could see something where the arrow explodes with the effect of Bands of Billaro to immobilize the target.

Remove ads