New Dragon+ (Feb 2019): Saltmarsh & Greyhawk edition

Best of the DM's Guild includes a free adventure to download.

Best of the DM's Guild includes a free adventure to download.

dave2008

Legend
The new Dragon+ issue (WotC's in-house online magazine) is out, and it has some Greyhawk, with input from Luke Gygax! Plus previews of Ghosts of Saltmarsh, and more.

Table of Contents:

• Welcome Letter
  • Imagining the Ampersand
  • In the Works (...D&D items in production now includes further details on Ghosts of Saltmarsh,...)
  • A Darkened Wish
  • Oddities, Creatures, & Companions (...new tables to accentuate the "weird" of characters, plus new companions...)
  • Terror of Undermountain
  • Best of the DM's Guild
  • Behind the Screen: Greyhawk (...a deep dive into this deliciously dark world, before Luke Gygax shares a more personal view of this classic setting)
  • Maps of the Month (a lot of Undermountain maps, not sure if these are new or part of the adventure)
  • Extra Life
  • Video & Highlights
  • Fiction: Law & Order
  • Next Issue:
  • Staff Page:

Last edited by a moderator:

dave2008

Legend
I'm still going through it, but this seems like the best Dragon+ yet. Quite a bit of interesting content. I hope future installments are as good as this one.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I'm still going through it, but this seems like the best Dragon+ yet. Quite a bit of interesting content. I hope future installments are as good as this one.

They've been building it up slowly, but it is pretty close to a full magazine now.

The Greyhawk article was fascinating.

Definitely dug it. Still hoping for a proper 5e Greyhawk release, but really, most of the tools are there already. It sounds like they've got a good grasp of "how is this world different from the Forgotten Realms?" Which, to me, in any fantasy setting, is the important question these days (though I would add "and Middle-Earth" to that as well). I think they've sussed out the grit, the moral ambiguity, and, thankfully, the weirdness.

The next time I start a new campaign, I think it'll be set in Greyhawk. Hopefully there'll be something official by then!

lkj

Hero
That was a long section on Greyhawk. I keep trying to decide if all this Greyhawk publicity lately (Mearls interview, Dragon+) is a sign that

1) They have something in the works and are building up to it
2) Mearls is trying to drum up support so he can do something
3) This is the sort of support they are willing to provide

AD

dave2008

Legend
That was a long section on Greyhawk. I keep trying to decide if all this Greyhawk publicity lately (Mearls interview, Dragon+) is a sign that

1) They have something in the works and are building up to it
2) Mearls is trying to drum up support so he can do something
3) This is the sort of support they are willing to provide

AD

I hope number 1 and fear number 3

Remove ads

Remove ads