"Character art for the upcoming Dragonlance comic."

The_Khan

First Post
Here is a character sketch of Magius from Dragonlance, a part of the Dungeons and Dragons universe. Does Magius have a beard? What do you think about the Staff of Magius? Please all feedbacks are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Magius:
mags.jpg

Last edited:

TiQuinn

The_Khan said:
Here is a character sketch of Magius from Dragonlance, a part of the Dungeons and Dragons universe. Does Magius have a beard? What do you think about the Staff of Magius? Please all feedbacks are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Don't know much about Dragonlance, but that's some nice artwork!

Moe Ronalds

First Post
I'd say he looks better without the beard. I haven't read the book, but he comes off as a tad "pretty boy"ish, and being clean shaven would likely be best if that's the look you're searching for.

Kai Lord

Hero
I'd go with the clean shaven look. I'd also edit the subject header to say something along the lines of "Character art for the upcoming Dragonlance comic." The current header is...a tad non-descriptive.

DWARF

First Post
I believe the staff was described more clearly in the "prequel" book about what happened after the group split up, but before they got back together at the beginning of the original trilogy.

As I remember it, it was topped with a golden dragon's claw clutching a large spherical gemstone. Not sure what color it was though, and the wood for the staff wasn't well described, IIRC.

Oni

First Post
Don't really know anything about the series, but the drawing without the beard has more character if you ask me.

I don't suppose there is a website were one can find more work like the above, I like the style.

mps42

First Post
Magius

Darnit now I'll hafta read the series again!
I always thought that Raistlins' staff was "A staff of THE magius" as in if you pass the Test, you get a staff similar to his and NOT "THE staff of Magius" as in this is a one-of-a-kind item. I could very well be wrong, though.
As far as the artwork goes, I am going to go against the general trend and say I like the one WITH the beard better (NOT stoopid). Gives him a bit more "age" and "wisdom". Staff looks good. Not sure I like the left hand though. It's drawn well, just a weird pose...

Remove ads