[Feb] What are you watching?

Krug

Newshound
Just watched Korean horror flick Tale of Two Sisters which I felt was a bit of a dissapointment. Confusing storyline, and not too scary.

Still making my way through Cowboy Bebop The Movie

Last edited:

Wombat

First Post
Looking forward to finally getting Ed Wood on dvd! Ut! Ut! Good movie! :D

Just got the re-issue of Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country and will be heading over to my sister's place to partake of The Tick (Live Action) later this week.

Life is pretty sweet, viewing-wise :D

Welverin

First Post
Well Bubba Ho-tep is finally supposed to make it to these parts within the next couple of weeks, so I'll be going to see that.

Other than that I don't foresee anything outside my normal television viewing.

MarauderX

Explorer
Just saw the superbowl trailers and all of those movies aren't coming out 'til after February, so....I will be watching the rents. Here's what's on deck from Netflix:
Record of Lodoss War - the next in the ever-going series
Ringu
A man Apart
The Core
Babylon 5 - 1st season
Cowboy Bebop the movie
Slayers the movie

Please warn me if any of these are really, really bad.

Krug

Newshound
Watched French movie Timeout, about a guy who loses his job and tries to maintain the facade of a happy family. could have been more disturbing as the protagonist build up his stack of lies, but even then was pretty intriguing, even if a bit slow.

Chain Lightning

First Post
I'm also catching up on things I've missed out on.

I'm on the last two episodes of the "Alias: Season Two" box set right now. Totally fun. I think I like this series a lot because many aspects of it reminds me of the "Street Fighter" rpg campaign I used to run. I miss that gaming group. :(

Just picked up the newest uber-editions of "Alien" and "Aliens". Didn't buy the quadrology because I didn't care too much for "Alien 3" and "Alien 4: Resurrection". So when they started selling them individually, I was happy. The behind-the-scenes extras are so awesome. These and the LotR DVDs are so enjoyable to watch over and over again with the extra commentaries and "making of" stuff.

Just also finished watching the first 8 episodes of "Naruto". Friggin cool series. Its like Harry Potter but with Ninjas instead of wizards. :) I need to find more episodes!

And....finally, the other night I was trying to get through "Princess Blade". Its a live action Japanese movie. Not that it was bad or anything....I just been working so late these days. By the time I get home, I have like maybe a half hour before sleep overtakes me. So I get to only watch it in half hour increments. Not done with it yet. So I can't tell you if I liked it or not. I do notice that it isn't as bad with the pacing as other Japanese fantasy/sci-fi live action films (like Zieram 1 & 2, Gunhead, Moon Over Tao, etc, etc ). Well, I may have spoken too soon....I just hit ACT II, and its starting to drag big time. Other than that....its breaking the trend of holding on certain scenes and things way way too long.

That's a reason why I feel the live-action "Evangelion" might suck if the usual archetypical Japanese sci-fi director directs it. These guys need to be more like their drama and comedy counterparts. There are so many well directed soup operas , mini series and other dramas in Japan so I know there are indeed good directors over there! I guess none of the work in Sci-fi/fantasy for some reason. *Shrug*

Anyways....that's what I've been watching. Although I'm sure KingofChaos wishes I would stop watching movies and work on finishing his Zanatose drawing for the art forums. :) .....which I will when I get to it.....heh heh....

Last edited:

Mog Elffoe

Explorer
Wombat said:
Looking forward to finally getting Ed Wood on dvd! Ut! Ut! Good movie! :D

I hope you get it. Disney is recalling it and setting a new thus far undisclosed release date for it. A lot of dealers were sent their orders for it so you may find it someplace, but Disney is requiring everybody (stores and distributors) that did get it to return it. Apparently there was some rights issue with some of the extra features. Who knows when we'll see a proper release for it. I was planning on getting it myself, but it doesn't appear too likely now. :(

Mog Elffoe

Explorer
Cannibal_Kender said:
Just finished watching Beserk. Great series, but the ending....I dunno.

I just watched the Berserk series myself about a month or so ago. I loved it. The last two discs I could not stop watching--I was totally glued to the set. Then I had to pop in disc one and watch the first episode all over again. Man, I just could not believe how horrific things turned for Guts and the Band of the Hawk... Good stuff! I bought the first manga and have the second on order just on the strength of the anime series.

Remove ads