[Feb] What are you watching?

Mog Elffoe

Explorer
I'm watching lots of things right now, but mostly Godzilla Mothra King Ghidorah Giant Monsters All-Out Attack! It's a fairly new (2001) Godzilla film that's written & directed by Shusuke Kaneko, the same guy that did the recent Gamera movies. It's great stuff. Really makes you wonder what these guys could do with a real budget considering these movies are generally made for around $10-15 million US. Man, Godzilla is just plum E-V-I-L in this movie. I love it!

Cannibal_Kender

First Post
Mog Elffoe said:
I just watched the Berserk series myself about a month or so ago. I loved it. The last two discs I could not stop watching--I was totally glued to the set. Then I had to pop in disc one and watch the first episode all over again. Man, I just could not believe how horrific things turned for Guts and the Band of the Hawk... Good stuff! I bought the first manga and have the second on order just on the strength of the anime series.

Yeah, the ending to Beserk was a bit of a shocker. Totally different from the rest of the show. I just bought the second manga and it's pretty good. I read somewhere though that the third manga won't be out for another three months.

Wombat

First Post
Mog Elffoe said:
I hope you get it. Disney is recalling it and setting a new thus far undisclosed release date for it. A lot of dealers were sent their orders for it so you may find it someplace, but Disney is requiring everybody (stores and distributors) that did get it to return it. Apparently there was some rights issue with some of the extra features. Who knows when we'll see a proper release for it. I was planning on getting it myself, but it doesn't appear too likely now. :(

So I found out, much to my dismay...

Eisner, I have a bone to pick with you!!!!!

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Project Arms: Vol. 1: The Claws That Catch
Saiyuki: Vol. 1: The Journey Begins
Tokyo Babylon: Vols. 1 & 2
Descendants of Darkness: Vol. 3: Tarot Curse
Descendants of Darkness: Vol. 2: Devil's Song
Nightwalker #1: Midnight Detective

Steadily making inroads on both Family Guy box sets, Smallville Season One and must return to Angel Season Two.

Atridis

First Post
There are twenty 2003 movies on my Netflix queue, because I missed them in the theater:

Thirteen, American Splendor, Lost in Translation, Whale Rider, Cabin Fever, Holes, Swimming Pool, Owning Mahoney, Intolerable Cruelty, Matchstick Men, The Missing, Dirty Pretty Things, The Rundown, The School of Rock, Bubba Ho-Tep, Elephant, Hero, Prozac Nation, The Human Stain, Timeline.

And Timeline is the only one that I expect to be bad. Of course, I'm going to watch it anyway, but at least I'm prepared for the worst...

Krug

Newshound
On an animation binge:
Cat Soup - Surreal, bizarre, fascinating.
Voices of a Distant Star - Lyrical and amazing, though the premise is a bit stretched.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Finished all three seasons of Family Guy. Good Lord, that's one funny show. Also included is an unshown episode. You'll know why when you see it. Plus several 'outtakes' from episodes, shown in the primitive drawing phase. One tremendously funny one is a Monkey's Paw homage was where Peter, given three wishes, wishes to have Jacky Gleeson back. Note: 'Back', but not 'Alive'. Then a zombie Gleeson comes in and tries to eat them all :)

Otherwise, more anime and Smallville. I just watched the two Smallville episodes I have today, and man I've missed a lot.

Anime includes: Neo Ranga, Gate Keepers 21, and Project ARMS, Sorcerer on the Rocks, Now and Then Here and There Vol 1. Just picked up Earthian, so I'll try that late tonight.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Atridis said:
Thirteen, American Splendor, Lost in Translation, Whale Rider, Cabin Fever, Holes, Swimming Pool, Owning Mahoney, Intolerable Cruelty, Matchstick Men, The Missing, Dirty Pretty Things, The Rundown, The School of Rock, Bubba Ho-Tep, Elephant, Hero, Prozac Nation, The Human Stain, Timeline.
I was looking forward to Cabin Fever, then I read a couple reviews of it from sources I generally trust. The consensus was: waste of film. So I might rent it. The Missing and The Rundown were both great films. Hero is still not available; I don't think it's been distributed here yet. Yahoo Upcoming Movies has it in US limited release this spring.

Welverin

First Post
WayneLigon said:
Finished all three seasons of Family Guy. Good Lord, that's one funny show. Also included is an unshown episode. You'll know why when you see it. Plus several 'outtakes' from episodes, shown in the primitive drawing phase.

It gets more primitive?

As for me I saw Miracle on Friday, watched Equilibrium again. I'm going to try and see the Last Samurai this week and hope I'll see Bubba Ho-tep as well.

Remove ads