[AU] Siege on Ebonring Keep - Part 2

Rybaer

First Post
Ys-Korros pulls up the trapdoor while Ys-Baddaden directs the light of his glowglobe into the hole. A rickety wooden ladder, missing a couple rungs, leads some ten feet down into a narrow tunnel through the dirt. Small bugs skitter away as the light shines upon them.

The air that wafts up from the hole is damp and earthy. There is also a pungent, unpleasant odor.

"Feces, urine," Danwyn says, wrinkling his nose.

(The Keep's latrine is a good fifty or sixty feet from here, though it's possible that it connects somewhere down below.)

Liminal Syzygy

Community Supporter
Pyior examines the ladder to determine if it will hold Ys-Korros' weight and reports his findings to the party. If it looks safe he will follow Ys-Korros and Ys-Baddaden down.

Rybaer

First Post
The ladder is clearly old and rotting. Pyior suspects that it should be able to hold the weight of the faen and Danwyn. The giants, Ys-Baddaden in particular, are an entirely different matter. On the flipside, Ys-Baddaden is tall enough that he could hop up and pull himself out of the hole should the ladder fail him.

Mirth

Explorer
Rybaer said:
The ladder is clearly old and rotting. Pyior suspects that it should be able to hold the weight of the faen and Danwyn. The giants, Ys-Baddaden in particular, are an entirely different matter. On the flipside, Ys-Baddaden is tall enough that he could hop up and pull himself out of the hole should the ladder fail him.

OOC: I'm assuming Ys-Baddaden could hop down as well, then?

Seeing the depth of the hole and the state of the ladder, Ys-Baddaden puts his hand on Ys-Korros' shoulder and suggests, "Brother, perhaps I should just jump down first and then I can help everyone else reach the bottom." Assuming everyone is agreeable, the giant does just that.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Little brother, I would prefer going first, but as I can't possibly imagine how anything would live down there, if you want to jump down and help the others in go ahead. I hope you guys know that little trick to clean us all up once we are out of there." Ys-Korros says to his brother's suggestion. He will probably jump in too, as it looks rather slick.

Remove ads