[AU] Siege on Ebonring Keep - Part 2

Argent Silvermage

First Post
I will go first. I'm light and the ladder will have no problem with my weight. then I can keep watch as the rest of you come down. The Hawksister says as she hops down the ladder even before they can stop her.

Rybaer

First Post
Aurial slides down the ladder with remarkable speed. It creaks only slightly at her passage. In the dim light from the torch and glow globe above, she can see a narrow passage cutting through the earth and stone roughly in the direction of the center of the hill in which the Ebonring Keep is set.

Danwyn follows right behind the faen, and catches himself when one of the rungs snaps under his weight. The remaining rungs sag, but hold firm. Pyior climbs down and the giant brothers manage to hop down in a manner that avoids the ladder entirely.

The passageway appears to be man-made and probably quite old. It is cut through the dirt and rock of the hill, supported in several spots with heavy timber braces. Pyior inspects the ground and discerns that there is evidence of considerable foot traffic through here - most of it probably shod humanoids - though he cannot pinpoint the numbers or age.

The passage is narrow enough that only the faen would be able to walk side by side. In some places, the ceiling is low enough that Ys-Baddaden would have to hunch over.

(Marching order?)

Erekose13

Explorer
If it is possible to make his way to the front of the group, Ys-Korros offers to take point. "If I can get by you there brother, I would like to lead us forward. That way I would be in a much better position to protect everyone."

Mirth

Explorer
Erekose13 said:
If it is possible to make his way to the front of the group, Ys-Korros offers to take point. "If I can get by you there brother, I would like to lead us forward. That way I would be in a much better position to protect everyone."

"I should remain in the back, anyway," Ys-Baddaden replies. "Otherwise, no one else would be able to see past me."

Rybaer

First Post
ooc - So, marching order appears to be Ys-Korros (torch), Aurial, Danwyn, Pyior, and Ys-Baddaden (glow globe).

The tunnel continues back for a surprising distance, several hundred yards at least, before it emerges into a more natural-looking cave formation. The natural cave is still quite narrow in most spots, made primarily of limestone, and clearly has had the floor leveled in many spots with dirt (presumably excavated in the creation of the tunnel). Narrow crevasses in the dirt indicate that water does still flow through here from time to time. In this softer dirt, footprints are still clearly visible.

The smell of feces and urine continues to grow stronger, though you are moving further from the keep's own latrine. Added to that smell is one of alcohol.

As you reach a long straight stretch of hall, everyone hears a sharp bark echo through the cavern. Everyone freezes, listening. The bark is followed by some more yips and gutteral language - rhodinspeak. It changes into a short burst of (presumably) laughing between several voices.

Distance is difficult to discern in the cavern, but the voices are probably about a hundred or so feet ahead. This stretch of cave is narrow and has numerous stalagtites and stalagmites further impeding easy movement. (Single file at best and anything more than half movement will require a Dex or tumbling check.)

Erekose13

Explorer
Ys-Korros douses his torch on the floor, turning to the others and signalling everyone to be quiet. Then he turns back to the cavern in front of him and tries his best to move forward quietly. It is slow going and he is not particularily quiet but he is trying.

(ooc: sneak -2)

Remove ads