[AU] Siege on Ebonring Keep - Part 2

Erekose13

Explorer
Trying to keep his voice low, Ys-Korros turns and replies to Auriel, "Might be a good plan, I think you are a little quieter than I."

Liminal Syzygy

Community Supporter
Pyior whispers to the group, "They have seen us so it's unlikely sneaking up is going to work now -- they are on alert and it's too dangerous for the scout. In any case, we know what we are facing, a group of Rhodin, and we can assume they are dug into defensive positions. We can continue forward knowing generally what we are facing, I can try to parley, using my newly honed skills in their language, or if we really want to try to sneak up we could leave and come back tomorrow when they won't be as ready for us."

OOC: Did Pyior understand what they said? If so he will tell the group.

Mirth

Explorer
Hunched over, Ys-Baddaden listens to the others but does not speak and tries to be quiet as he readies his heavy crossbow.

Last edited:

Rybaer

First Post
Cordo said:
Pyior whispers to the group, "They have seen us so it's unlikely sneaking up is going to work now -- they are on alert and it's too dangerous for the scout. In any case, we know what we are facing, a group of Rhodin, and we can assume they are dug into defensive positions. We can continue forward knowing generally what we are facing, I can try to parley, using my newly honed skills in their language, or if we really want to try to sneak up we could leave and come back tomorrow when they won't be as ready for us."

OOC: Did Pyior understand what they said? If so he will tell the group.

ooc: Oops, forgot that you had been studying up on their language.

Pyior listens intently to the intermittent yips and snarls of their speech. While the echo of the cavern obscures it a bit, one phrase comes through relatively clear: "Three marks! Beat that, ????. Bet seven." It does not sound as if they're making threatening calls in your direction.

Aurial starts to pad forward silently. With the uneven ground and poor lighting, the going is slow. She spots a thin line of string stretched across the width of the passage, mere inches off the floor, about a foot before she would have accidently walked through it. (Spot: roll 15+6=21) Following the line of the string, it loops around a smooth piece of rock to her right and up to a small recessed natural shelf where it is tied to a ceramic jug. The jug is too high to discern if it has any contents, but it seems likely that it could just be empty and intended to come down with a crash.

Last edited:

Rybaer

First Post
Aurial draws her knife and carefully slices through the string. In doing so, she nearly tips the jug over, but catches herself just in time. (Disable device roll 3+4=7, success...yeah, the DC was only 5)

With the rope slit, she sets it aside and slowly feels her way along the passage. The rhodin voices get louder as she gets closer. Judging by the clarity of the sound, there is no door or substantial barrier between her and them. It is also pitch black, so probably safe to assume that they don't need or have any lighting...putting you in a dangerous spot to continue forward much further. Listening carefully, it sounds as if they are playing some sort of dice game on a hollow wooden surface (crate?).

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Auriel makes her way back to the party and says in a whisper They seem to be playing dice. I disarmed a simple trap but the must be able to see in total darkness as they are not using any light sources. What should we do?

Rybaer

First Post
Argent Silvermage said:
Auriel makes her way back to the party and says in a whisper They seem to be playing dice. I disarmed a simple trap but the must be able to see in total darkness as they are not using any light sources. What should we do?

Pyior can confirm that rhodin are able to see in complete darkness.

Liminal Syzygy

Community Supporter
Pyior whispers tot he group, "Nice work Auriel! Now, assuming we wish to engage the Rhodin, we could move as silently as possible to their current position and try to surprise them or we could hide and I could try to use my language skills to draw them into an ambush. The disadvantage of the latter is that if the ruse fails, then we will have lost the element of surprise. Alternatively we could try to parley, yet I hesitate to even suggest that as I know what you all think of the Rhodin. If you don't want to parley I would suggest trying to draw them into the ambush.

Auriel, was there anything in the area of the trap we could hide behind in ambush? If we try to draw them past their own trap and they see it is disarmed it would give away the fact that something is up."

OOC: If people want to try the ambush idea, Pyior will take off his cloak and hide Ys-Baddaden's glowglobe with it. Then he will yell out to them "Brothers! (or whatever they call each other) We're fighting to retake the keep! Hurry! We need your help now!" Then when he hears a Rhodin moving through the target area he will pull the cloak away - the idea being to reveal the target for missile fire in the light.

Rybaer

First Post
ooc: The entire length of passage between you and the rhodin is about five feet wide. There are small, narrow stalagtites and stalagmites in spots along it that make walking even more difficult. The faen might be able to find a marginal hiding spot behind some, but the others certainly won't have sufficient cover to do likewise.

Remove ads