[Stargate SG-1 RPG] Part III - The Enemy of my Friend . . .

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Not in Kansas Anymore...
P7X – 912
35 minutes since arrival, June 3, 2003

With a press of an unseen button on the ornate bracelet on his left wrist, the Jaffa’s helmet disappeared. Actually, it not some much as disappeared as it folded in on itself and melded into the remaining armor. The face beneath was human, and it was striking . . . a tanned chiseled face, dark wavy brown hair tied into a braid, a mustache and goatee of the same brown . . . a small tattoo on his forehead of gold. . . piercing ice blue eyes*.

Wow... It was all Rylee could do to keep a stupid grin from crossing her face at the sight of the Jaffa's face beneath all that armor. She glanced curiously at the tattoo for a moment, before deciding that she much preferred the look of his eyes. While she generally preferred her forest home specifically to avoid people, she definitely missed seeing guys as handsome as that. When the group started to move down the hallway, she had no qualms about following.

Stargate_Com

First Post
Medraut laughed heartily . . . a deep rumbling laugh. “My . . . condition is not likely to improve from your careful care, though I thank you for the kind thought. Perhaps a sarcophagus would be of some help, though as Tok’ra, we disdain their use,” Medraut said, the last part almost accusingly. He stretched somewhat, his arms straining as he worked his body to become more comfortable.

Jeremiah is initially caught off guard by the bolstering laugh, yet he quickly settles back into his chair as the giant begins to talk.

His condition? I guess there was more to those wounds than I thought. Unless, it was his age. As far as I know, he could be a thousand years old, standing at death's door. In which case, he is right. I could offer no help.

“As for the Tok’ra . . . no there are no more Tok’ra around. Actually, I really wonder if there are any ‘Tok’ra’ even around any more after the defeat of Ra by the people of the Tauri. How can one be against something if it no longer even exists?” Medraut asked, rhetorically.

Though he successfully hides it, Jeremiah is baffled by Medraut's last statement.

I thought the Tok'ra' were against the Goa'uld, and the Goa'uld were by no means wiped out with Ra. Besides, he made it sound like there were no more Tok'ra'. According to the files, there were quite a few left. Was he that out of touch?

A new found thought creep into Jeremiah's mind. Who was this Medraut? He had assumed he was their Tok'ra' ally, but he really had no way to know. Medraut had shown no signs of hostility. He even seemed to be waiting for him back in the other room. He wasn't surprised by my arrival. In fact, he even knew that I wasn't suppose to be alone.

He has to be our contact. I can't see it an other way. I trust him...but I'll keep my eyes open just in case.

Jeremiah continued with his meal as Medraut when though a long description of the Tok'ra'. For the most part, Jeremiah found it quite interesting, especially the parts about their languages. Jeremiah got the feeling that he was talking to a Tok'ra' elder. Much like the Indian counterpart, he seemed to be the keeper of his species history and knowledge. As the speech wound down, Medraut told of the Goa'uld that was waiting for him up above.

“Come . . . it is time to see if your friends have arrived. I will send you through the rings again to the surface. If you find your friends, you may bring the with you, but tell no own else of my location – my life depends on it.”

How did he know it was safe? Or that the team might be here? I didn't even know if the team had made it though the gate. I hope they are alright.

"Okay, I'm ready, but what do I do if there is trouble?"

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Beneath the Cobblestone Town
P7X - 912
1 Hour 46 minutes since arrival, June 3, 2003

Jeremiah Grayson said:
"Okay, I'm ready, but what do I do if there is trouble?"

Medraut tilted his head and smiled, “I would think you would . . . run,” Medraut said. He limp had returned again, though he was at the end of his current journey – they had returned to the room Jeremiah arrived.

“There are other choices: fight, negotiate, die. Though by far the best choice in to avoid the trouble altogether,” Medraut stated with some humor. He then got more serious. “If you spot death gliders, stay to the interior of the buildings, move only when the gliders have already passed by and before the turn to head back this way. If you hear a low rumbling sound, come back here with all haste, for you will not survive outside for long. Find your friends, return back with haste. I will speak more then.

With a wave of Medraut’s hand, the light and the three rings descended. When the light cleared, Jeremiah was again in front of the statue in the government building.

OOC: Jeremiah
OOC: Language spoken:
gaelic

MadThinker

First Post
Lt. Luthor Donovan

Two Story Building
P7X - 912
20 minutes since arriving, June 3,2003

“Piece of cake, it’s not even half the wall of boot camp,” Reed called down to Donovan. Her arm appeared at the top of the open window, looking to help Donovan or take any gear he wanted to pass up to the roof.

Donovan saw Reed's hand, and hesitated before handing her a bag. He thought she was definitely a looker, but he also thought there was something a little - off - about her. He couldn't put his finger on what it was, but he really didn't trust her yet.

Donovan handed his bag up to Reed, and slung his rifle over his shoulder. He ducked out the window, and grabbed onto the roof, lifting himself up over the edge.

kid A

First Post
Andreev Ilianov

Not in Kansas Anymore...
P7X – 912

With that said, Artorius turned from the team and walked to the doorway two of the Jaffa were standing near. The doors opened smoothly and Artorius stepped through, waiting on the team . . . and the remaining Jaffa.

As Artorius led them through the archway, Andreev followed closely. Despite the situation, he was not afraid. Thus far, the Jaffa had been hospitable and had given them no reason to fear. Instead, he was more curious than anything. Many questions were swimming around in his head, both for Artorius and this Myrrdin as well. Questions about this vessel. What type of spacecraft was this? What were it's scale and speed? Questions about their whereabouts in regards to Earth. What distance have we travelled? How long did it take to travel here through the Stargate, in Earth-time? Questions about their importance to Myrrdin. What were they doing here? What was it he wanted with them? Percolating in his head, there were so many questions to ask, and he attempted to keep them all in mind for when they reached Myrrdin, but he did not even know if that were possible.

He glanced back at the others, to see how they were faring. Rylee's eyes were transfixed on Artorius, which made him smile. He never figured her for the type to ogle. But, at least she was holding up well. In truth, he was far more concerned about Lucas and Lorelai, whom had both cooperated well enough with the Jaffa, but had shown little sign of comfort.

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Lt. Commander Craig Durant

Two Story Building
P7X - 912
20 minutes since arriving, June 3,2003

Durant pulled his P90 into the low ready position and moved towards the covered entrance. He pulled back the hide and peered out into the street. There had been no sign of people, but that didn't mean they weren't out there. The team had zero idea how things worked or happened around here so anything was possible. They were dealing with an alien culture in every sense of the word.

After checking to make sure Stewart was ready Durant checked to make sure the street was still empty and moved out into the night.

Jarval

Explorer
Not in Kansas Anymore...
P7X – 912

A little happier now that the armed men seemed to have dropped their hostile stance, Lucas was still deeply worried by the situation. He brought up the rear of the group, keeping a wary eye on their captors.

He smiled faintly when Andreev looked back, trying to reassure his friend that he was alright. Something of a lie, but Lucas knew that the Russian needed to be focused on the meeting to come.

Stargate_Com

First Post
Jeremiah returned his smile , though there was concern behind it. He was beginning to have doubts about Stargate Command's choice.

Medraut was no warrior,...yet neither was he. Maybe, he had something other than military support to give.

The return of Medraut's limp reassured Jeremiah that he had not found a warrior.

“There are other choices: fight, negotiate, die. Though by far the best choice in to avoid the trouble altogether,” Medraut stated with some humor. He then got more serious. “If you spot death gliders, stay to the interior of the buildings, move only when the gliders have already passed by and before the turn to head back this way. If you hear a low rumbling sound, come back here with all haste, for you will not survive outside for long. Find your friends, return back with haste. I will speak more then.

Jeremiah kind of fell into his own thoughts until Medraut brought up death gliders. The term seemed familiar, yet he wasn't sure he would recognize one if he seen one. Right now, he would just assume anything was hostile.

Caught in the middle of a thought, Jeremiah is zapped back up to the surface. Paranoid, he glanced out the window to check for the enviable 'death glider'. This military commando stuff was out of his league. The closest experience he had was his highland deer hunts. Sure he enjoyed the scenery...and it gave him a chance to bond with the people, but this was nothing like that. He felt more like the prey rather than the predator.

Well...I better stick to Medraut's advice while I'm up here. Yet before I head back to the Stargate, lets give the radio a try.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Main Courtyard, Cobblestone Town
P7X - 912
1 Hour 47 minutes since arrival, June 3, 2003

Jeremiah stood in the drafty governmental building, the statue of some large humanoid looming over his shoulder . . . and tried his tactical radio. The radio clicked but there was no static, no indication that it was even working.

The thought of Medraut’s limp brought his mind back to his own condition . . . only a couple of hours ago he had been struck by a large salamander with a flaming backhand that had nearly crushed his chest cavity. He had been running on adrenaline for the first few minutes, but the pain hadn’t arrived. Jeremiah wasn’t certain that he was even hurt at the moment. Odd . . .

With no radio contact, Jeremiah kept to the sides of the buildings and out of the main courtyard and began making his way back to the Stargate to look for traces of the others.

OOC: Jeremiah Grayson

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Two Story Building, Cobblestone Town
P7X - 912
22 minutes since arrival, June 3, 2003

Although the sun was barely putting out any light, it still seemed relatively high in the planet’s sky. After getting the thumbs up from Donovan and Reed, Durant and Stewart started down the side street . . . eyes alert for trouble.

Donovan had barely gotten himself situated on the rooftop, when he spotted some motion near the main square*. Looking through the scope of the prototype rifle, Donovan sighted Jeremiah making his way back toward the Stargate.

* Spot check for Donovan, natural 20 [Confirmed with an Action die, 3 remain]

OOC: Donovan, Durant, Reed, Stewart

Remove ads