[Stargate SG-1 RPG] Part III - The Enemy of my Friend . . .

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Lt. Commander Craig Durant

Stargate Platform and Courtyard
P7X - 912
18 minutes since arriving, June 3,2003

Durant stripped off his field pack and removed his fatigue shirt and handed it over to Stewart. "Here you go Stewart, it is kinda cool and my t-shirt should get me by." While he gathered his gear up he thought over the team's options.

"We need to find the rest of the unit before anything else. None of us have any idea what's going on and our team's brains are wandering around without much to protect them." He adjusted the weight of his pack and reslung his FN P90. "Let's check outside our building for signs of anyone that may be able to help." Or signs of anyone who may be watching us. "Reed and Donovan can cover us from upstairs. You ready?"

Jarval

Explorer
Not in Kansas Anymore...
P7X - 912
34 minutes since arrival, June 3, 2003

Surprised by the armoured man's reasonable tone, Lucas handed over his Winchester and his sidearm. After a moment's thought, he unzipped his backpack, and passed over the late Lt. Johnson's Beretta as well.

Probably better to be honest about this, after all. He thought. I mean, if they can whisk us off to their spaceship, chances are that they'll have metal detectors...

Stargate_Com

First Post
As he followed Medraut, Jeremiah realized that his new friend may be worse off than he had thought. His fears were confirmed when Medraut started to limp.

What had happened to him? The marks on his back looked like they came from a whip. Kind of low tech. for a race as advance as this. I wonder were the rest of the Tok'ra are.

The room at the end of the corridor was quite simple. Table, chairs, and a well...no computers or heavy machinery. If he had not been telpoted just moments ago, he would of swore his was in a common Gaelic home.

“Help yourself,” Medraut offered, “within is fresh mountain water, cool clear and safe for you to drink.” To illustrate his point he grabbed a large goblet, dipped it in the ‘well’ and drank from it.

The crisp, clean water looked mighty tempting. He would have a glass why he sorted things out. (In Gaelic) "Thank you."

“As for your friends, you may go check on them whenever you wish. I cannot accompany you, there are those that are looking for me,” Medraut said gravely, “I dare not show my face.”

It was insane to think that I would be safe on the surface if he wasn't. Who was looking for him? He also said 'looking for me' not 'us'. Was he alone?

Before he can form and of these thoughts into a question, a packet of food comes flying at him. Instinctively, he catches it.

“Sadly, I must apologize as my food is probably not much better than the fare you already have with you,” Medraut said.

He was also hungry, but this was no time to eat. He desperately wanted to sit down and talk history with the giant, but he could not forget his friends.

“You friends may be a while . . . the increasing mass of the sun has distorted the travel times of the gate. Perhaps in an hour or more your friend will arrive,” Medraut finished.

With so much to consider, Jeremiah decided to have a seat. Grabbing his food and drink, he takes a seat across from Medraut.

Hours to get here. That probably means hours to get back. Besides, I not even sure I will end up at the same gate. I can't go back alone. I came here to get help both the team and Earth. I'm sure Medraut would be a force to be recoconded with if he was health. Not to meantion, the scientific knowledge he could provide. We needed him. After all, I couldn't let him bleed to death. We hadn't discussed the origin of his language, yet.

"Is there any more Tok'ra around? You need medical help. Tell me what to do."

Last edited:

kid A

First Post
Andreev Ilianov

Not in Kansas Anymore...
P7X – 912

The Jaffa did not have their weapons leveled at the team any longer.

Handing over the P90 was not a pleasant feeling for Andreev. However, the real torture set in upon seeing Lucas rummage through his bag to surrender his Beretta. The man's honesty was admirable, especially since Lucas was probably thinking of their safety. Still, it only made Andreev nervous about his revolver. He was extremely uncomfortable handing it over to the Jaffa, despite their noticably unhostile actions since being transported from the planet below. The revolver had been in his possession since his father had died, and it meant a great deal to him. Additionally, he did not like the idea of surrendering every weapon to the Jaffa.

As he thought about it though, he remembered how efficient the Jaffa had been in finding them. They might already know how many weapons they each carried, and it may not bode well for him or his companions to carry a concealed weapon before their master. Against his best wishes, he unbuttoned his shirt, and pulled the revolver from it's holster, handing it to the Jaffa who had taken his P90.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Beneath the Cobblestone Town
P7X - 912
33 minutes since arrival, June 3, 2003

Jeremiah Grayson said:
"Is there any more Tok'ra around? You need medical help. Tell me what to do."

Medraut laughed heartily . . . a deep rumbling laugh. “My . . . condition is not likely to improve from your careful care, though I thank you for the kind thought. Perhaps a sarcophagus would be of some help, though as Tok’ra, we disdain their use,” Medraut said, the last part almost accusingly. He stretched somewhat, his arms straining as he worked his body to become more comfortable.

“As for the Tok’ra . . . no there are no more Tok’ra around. Actually, I really wonder if there are any ‘Tok’ra’ even around any more after the defeat of Ra by the people of the Tauri. How can one be against something if it no longer even exists?” Medraut asked, rhetorically.

Jeremiah noted that the water was cold and pure, having no other taste other than the water itself. The food packet was all that Jeremiah had expected, having had an MRE or two recently. The only issue was some of the flavors did not match the expectation based on Jeremiah’s experience with earth food.

Medraut spent the next several minutes speaking on the Tok’ra, their objectives and purpose, and the philosophy of sharing the body of the host with the symbiote and the host, as well as a few anecdotes of his own.

Medraut also noted that he was currently being hunted by a evil Goa’uld, who had a ha’tek above this very planet as they spoke. Time passed as it always does, and Medraut finally stood up and said, “Come . . . it is time to see if your friends have arrived. I will send you through the rings again to the surface. If you find your friends, you may bring the with you, but tell no own else of my location – my life depends on it.”

OOC: Jeremiah
OOC: Language spoken:
gaelic

Last edited:

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Not in Kansas Anymore...
P7X – 912

It took a few minutes, but she was finally able to peice together what she remembered about the name Myrrdin. It was the name of a Scottish prince who had apparentl been quite a charming guy, especially toward the ladies. But he lost his mind during a war with some rival cheiftan, was apparently blessed with the gift of prophecy, and retired to the forests to live the rest of his life as a wildman. Quite a guy Rylee thought to herself with a small smile. She could not help but to wonder if this Myrrdin was anything like the one in legend.

“Please hand over your weapons, they will be returned to you. I will not forcibly take them from you. However, it would be rude to appear before my Master so armed,” the Jaffa said, “and I don’t think you wish to start off on the wrong foot.”

She looked at the Jaffa, then she looked down at her new sniper rifle. Then, she looked to Andreev and Lucas, who were both handing over their weapons. Then she looked down at her new sniper rifle. She really did not want to give it up, or her other two weapons, for that matter. But... the Jaffa had said they'd return them, and so far they had not done anything to make her think they'd be lying. Butstill, to give up her guns

Finally, with a sigh and a pained look upon her face, she handed over her sniper rifle, her Winchester and her Pathfinder.

ajkar

First Post
Lt Barry Stewart

Stargate Platform and Courtyard
P7X - 912

Durant stripped off his field pack and removed his fatigue shirt and handed it over to Stewart. "Here you go Stewart, it is kinda cool and my t-shirt should get me by." While he gathered his gear up he thought over the team's options.

Stewart reached for the shirt, "Thanks, Commander. I wish we knew I was going this far, I could have been a little better prepared and equipped." as he slapped the pistol on his hip. Then, Stewart donned his new shirt and felt a little more comfortable.

"We need to find the rest of the unit before anything else. None of us have any idea what's going on and our team's brains are wandering around without much to protect them." He adjusted the weight of his pack and reslung his FN P90. "Let's check outside our building for signs of anyone that may be able to help." Or signs of anyone who may be watching us. "Reed and Donovan can cover us from upstairs. You ready?"

Stewart replied with an enthusiastic, "YES, SIR!". Stewart thought a moment and offered some options to the Commander,"I was just telling Lt. Reed that if anyone did live here they would have heard the gate opening and might be hiding. So, maybe the bigger buildings could have some secrets that might tell us where the inhabitants went, like bolt holes or hidden shelters or something?...if we can find them that is."

As Durant prepared to go, Stewart promptly tucked the tails of his new shirt into his pants. It didn't quite match with his military dress pants but it was better than nothing and he felt compelled, even on a planet who knows where, to be as close to regulation as possible.

MadThinker

First Post
Lt. Luthor Donovan

Two Story Building
P7X - 912

"Got you covered, Sir." Donovan didn't wait for Reed and walked up the stairs. He knew she would be close behind. He reached the second floor and began searching for a way to the roof, so he could provide cover fire for the Commander and Stewart.

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Two Story Building
P7X - 912
20 minutes since arriving, June 3,2003

Donovan and Lt. Chris Reed made their way to the second floor and after a cursory search decided there wasn’t an easy way onto the flat roof above. Holstering her weapons, Reed pulled the curtain at the end of the hall aside and leaned out the window.

“It’s not that far,” she commented to Donovan as she slid out the window [looking far too good doing it] and stood on the small sill. From there, she disappeared out of view upward.

“Piece of cake, it’s not even half the wall of boot camp,” Reed called down to Donovan. Her arm appeared at the top of the open window, looking to help Donovan or take any gear he wanted to pass up to the roof.

Stewart and Durant finished their preparations and moved outside, waiting for the all-clear from Donovan and Reed.

OOC: Donovan, Durant, Reed, Stewart

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Not in Kansas Anymore...
P7X – 912
35 minutes since arrival, June 3, 2003

With a nod of approval, the Jaffa who spoke accepted the weapons from the team (including Lorelai who offered up her Beretta). The Jaffa passed the weapons to another of the Jaffa reminding him, “Let no harm come to these weapons, you are personally responsible for their safe return.” By the quick response of the Jaffa, it seemed the order was understood and was most likely for the team’s benefit than any order that was necessary to be given.

The Jaffa turned to the group and spoke again, “And as you have shown a measure of trust . . . I will do the same.”

With a press of an unseen button on the ornate bracelet on his left wrist, the Jaffa’s helmet disappeared. Actually, it not some much as disappeared as it folded in on itself and melded into the remaining armor. The face beneath was human, and it was striking . . . a tanned chiseled face, dark wavy brown hair tied into a braid, a mustache and goatee of the same brown . . . a small tattoo on his forehead of gold. . . piercing ice blue eyes*.

The Jaffa looked at the team each individually, as if seeing them for the first time. He smiled and said, “My name is Artorius, first prime of Myrddin . . . welcome. I would allow you to refresh yourselves, however, time may be of the essence. Please follow me.”

With that said, Artorius turned from the team and walked to the doorway two of the Jaffa were standing near. The doors opened smoothly and Artorius stepped through, waiting on the team . . . and the remaining Jaffa.

* : OOC: Charisma 21

OOC: Fallon, Fisher, Ilianov, Nguyen

Remove ads