[Stargate SG-1 RPG] Part III - The Enemy of my Friend . . .

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Two Story Building
P7X – 912
33.18 minutes since arrival, June 3, 2003

Rylee watched Andreev carefully, occasionally glancing down at the escape route out of the corner of her eye. She could probably make it down there, but she had no idea where it went. Worse yet, the others would probably not be able to make it before these guys in snake armor attacked. She had been ordered to let Lorelai and Lucas go first... but then again, she didn't much like the idea of being captured. And she definitely didn't like the idea of getting shot with one of those staff weapon thingies, she thought to herself as she eyed the hole it had just made in the wall. Indecisive at the moment, she kept her stance even, ready to dive for the escape should things turn sour.

MadThinker

First Post
Lt. Luthor Donovan

Stargate Platform and Courtyard
P7X - 912
7 minutes since arriving, June 3,2003

"Alright Donovan, get Stewart patched back up. Reed, what about you. You need any medical attention?"

Donovan replied with a simple "Yessir," and he set down his rifle and his bag on the floor of the building. He looked through his bag for his medical supplies, and once he found them, he motioned for Stewart to come to him. "Sit," he told Stewart, "Let me see the wounds."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
P7X - 912
18 minutes since arriving, June 3,2003

Checking each of the archways on the lower level, the team set up in the largest of the rooms beyond. Other than this larger suite of room, the other rooms were very similar to each other. Heavy fur covering on the door, stone table, stone chairs, stone bed (no covering on the bed), stone containers. No signs of inhabitation . . . nothing that wasn’t stone. . . .

The upper story was much the same as the lower and the team set up shop in the larger of the rooms on the upper floor.

Stewart said:
Stewart turned to Reed and whispered, “If any one does live here, they would’ve been warned that we were coming when the gate opened and could be hiding. It just strikes me as odd that this whole town would be abandoned while it’s in rather good shape.”

After scanning the room the room, the group had entered, Lt. Reed replied her southern accent slipping through, “Seems odd to be sure, sugah. Doesn’t seem to be much here that isn’t stone other than the archway coverings. Even with those, ah see that you feel it’s still cold in here.” She finished, looking pointedly at his bare chest.

Durant said:
"Alright Donovan, get Stewart patched back up. Reed, what about you. You need any medical attention?"

Donovan got to work on Stewart breaking out his medical kit and getting to work. After several minutes, Stewart had some liquid skin covering the worse of the burns, and cream, gauze and tape covering the rest. [OOC: Full vitality points recovered, one action die used (two remain), nice job Donovan!]

Reed looked to her commander in slight annoyance and with a raised eyebrow, as though even the thought that she might have been hurt was beneath her. She smiled then and added, “No sir . . . no worries here. Permission to set up observation on the courtyard, or perhaps head up to the roof?”

Durant was still bothered by something that seemed just out of reach . . . then he noticed something . . . it was quiet. Other than the four of them there were no sounds other than the wind. No creatures whatsoever, no birds, no rodents, no droppings of any kind. In fact, other than the archway hangings, there was nothing organic – living or dead. No wood, no paper, no cloth, nothing.

OOC: Donovan, Durant, Reed, Stewart

Jarval

Explorer
Two Story Building
P7X – 912
33.18 minutes since arrival, June 3, 2003

Hoping that the armored men's attention was mostly on Andreev, Lucas continued to subtlety move Lorelai back toward the kitchen, keeping himself between the Professor and the staff-weapons.

After all, if she gets shot, we're all stuck here for good... He thought grimly, taking another half-step back towards the doorway.

MadThinker

First Post
Lt. Luthor Donovan

P7X - 912

Donovan got to work on Stewart breaking out his medical kit and getting to work. After several minutes, Stewart had some liquid skin covering the worse of the burns, and cream, gauze and tape covering the rest.

"There. You'll be fine." Donovan wrapped up his treatment of Stewart. He heard Reed's comment about not needing medical attention, so he put away his medical gear. Donovan wanted to get to the roof with Reed, so he could get a look around the village from a better vantage point. "I can go with Reed, Sir. I'd like to get a better look around."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Two Story Building
P7X – 912
33.24 minutes since arrival, June 3, 2003

Lucas edged closer and closer to the doorway, Lorelai surprisingly compliant in his grasp. He managed to get close to Rylee before several of the Jaffa closed to within fifteen feet and knelt, aiming their weapons specifically at Lucas, Rylee, and by default Lorelai. Three more entered from the street and took up positions that the others had vacated. There were now nine Jaffa in the tavern common room. Seeing this, Rylee held her position, though she was prepared to dive through the opening at a moments notice.

Andreev said:
Andreev . . . asked the lead Jaffa, "What is it you want with us?"

“I . . . want nothing of you,” the Jaffa replied in a metallic voice through his helmet, “it is my master, Myrrdin, that wishes to have words with the Tauri.”

Upon seeing Lucas and Lorelai edge toward the door, the Jaffa added, “ . . . though he did not say that he needed to speak with all of you. That will be your choice – I will not . . . ask . . . again.”

OOC: Fallon, Fisher, Ilianov, Nguyen

ajkar

First Post
Lt Barry Stewart 68VP 14WP 3d6AD

P7X - 912

Originally posted by Lt. Reed
“Seems odd to be sure, sugah. Doesn’t seem to be much here that isn’t stone other than the archway coverings. Even with those, ah see that you feel it’s still cold in here.” She finished, looking pointedly at his bare chest.

Stewart flushed a bit at Reed’s observation. Although he was slightly embarrassed, he was not to shy to reply, “Seems as though a shirt won’t help me much” he winked and returned the stare, the comment was warranted!

"There. You'll be fine." Donovan wrapped up his treatment of Stewart.

Stewart didn’t think he felt that bad until Donovan covered his wounds with gauze and ointment and the stinging slowly subsided. When he finished, Stewart fessed up to what he was thinking, “Hey, thanks man! I feel great. No offense to your skills at patching up the wounded but I was rather looking forward to a woman’s touch. Rylee was going to let me return the favor! I was really looking forward to that.” Stewart raised his hands into the air as if asking God, Why? He quickly rose to his feet and whether it was the cold or the abandonment of his straying thoughts, he shivered.

As Reed left the room, his eyes couldn’t help but follow her out. He took a deep breath and returned to matters at hand. He asked the only person left in the room, “OK sir, now what do we do?” feeling like there ought to be something he could do.

kid A

First Post
Andreev Ilianov

Two Story Building
P7X – 912

Upon seeing Lucas and Lorelai edge toward the door, the Jaffa added, “ . . . though he did not say that he needed to speak with all of you. That will be your choice – I will not . . . ask . . . again.”

Everything was happening too fast. They were out of time, and the others were depending on him to work out a solution. He had to think quickly about the wisest course of action. Three options were immediately obvious to him, the first and most apparent being to run. However, he highly doubted they would get very far, and was instead rather positive that most (if not all) of them would end up dead. This option was swiftly overruled.

A second option would be to provide cover fire for the others, so that they might escape through the hole Lucas had found. The problem with this situation, though, was that they had no idea where the hole would end up. As far as any of them knew, the Goa'uld may already be aware of the pathway and could be awaiting Rylee, Lucas and Lorelai as they exited. A slight exaggeration perhaps, but the simple fact was that they did not know this world, whereas the Goa'uld did.

And, of course, Andreev himself would probably wind up dead. He would be willing to do this for them, to allow their escape, but he did not know how much it would help. And this did not sit well with him. If he could guarantee them a successful escape, he would gladly do it. But, again, the odds were not on their side.

Finally, there was the third option: surrender. He abhorred the idea of allowing these creatures to capture his team, and yet it offered them prolonged life, appealing to his obligation to their safety. Of course, he could not speak for the others. In fact, he knew Rylee was most likely feeling trapped, and was approximately 75% sure she would attempt an escape, despite his decision. But, he had to do what he could to keep them alive.

He lowered his P90, and spoke. "I surrender, and will accompany you to speak with your Master. However, please do not harm my companions. If it is only one of us you require, please apprehend only myself and allow my companions to go free."

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
Two Story Building
P7X – 912

Lucas stood quietly while Andreev addressed the armoured men. He eyed the staff-weapons with nervous respect, but none the less stood ready to run with Lorelai if anyone attempted to open fire.

This isn't really going as well as I'd hoped... I thought we were here just to meet up with some of the locals, not get taken prisoner by them. He glanced back at Rylee, wondering what the Irish woman was thinking.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Two Story Building
P7X – 912

Nine bad guys in the room with them, more outside. All of them were wearing armor that could apparently withstand bullets, and carried staff weapons that could punch holes in stone walls. They had an escape route which led to an unknown location, and she was accompanied by three people who probably could not survive for more than four days in the wilderness. Granted, that was being generous and assuming that all of them would escape; most of them probably would not. She was more in favor of at least trying to escape, though.

Then, Andreev surrendered. It was probably not out of cowardice, but it certainly did not improve her opinion of him as a leader. And it completely ruled out escape, because now, Lorelai and Lucas would probably surrender too. With her luck, if she made an attempt to go, those two would get caught in the crossfire. She would not have their blood upon her hands.

The expression on her face made her opinion of the situation clear, but for now, she made no move for the pit. She still stood ready, in case she got any indication that these Jaffa intended violence upon them. However, if none was forthcoming then she would surrender, despite the fact that it went against pretty much everything she'd been taught. One thing was for certain: life had been a whole lot simpler in the mountains.

Remove ads