• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(monday) History in your game

alsih2o

First Post

Inconsequenti-AL

Breaks Games
Ah ha!

Another fantastic selection of material... Flicked through the first few: I'm particularly liking the Hoplite Experience - sounds like not a lot of fun.

The Law's link is interesting - it's a little strange how different value is placed on different people. A 50% ownership divorce law is also pretty odd!

This is all going into my next homebrew setting...

Thanks very much! :D

Last edited:

alsih2o

First Post
Inconsequenti-AL said:
The Law's link is interesting - it's a little strange how different value is placed on different people.

Indeed, I was interested in- "XI. If a slave going to a free woman shall wed her, the children shall be free; but if the free woman to a slave, the children shall be slaves; and if from the same mother free and slave children be born, if the mother die and there be property, the free children shall have it; otherwise her free relatives shall succeed to it. "

Inconsequenti-AL

Breaks Games
Seems to make a difference who proposed, possibly?

It's a little confusing.

Either way, it makes it pretty clear that there were better things than being a slave!

The mining one is fairly odd. Trusted slaves were given incentives (like houses!) to make sure silver wasn't stolen... Odd.

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
alsih2o, your sig link will only work for a community supporter, I think, since it references a search result. Could you post the link directly? More specifically, to info on Vikings!

Remove ads