Care and Feeding of Gamers

knitnerd

First Post
What does your group snack on? In spite of the jokes about Mountain Dew and Cheetoes, I have only met one gamer who would actually eat that stuff. The biggest hit has been Pudding Bites and the biggest flop was a wheel of Brie cheese. One DM suggested bribes of chocolate. A discussion of lasagna broke up over the inclusion of spinach and sausage. What do you feed gamers?

Crothian

First Post
Soda, many kinds for drink with the occasionaly beer.

Food is a cook out. We have burgers, brauts, whatever we can throw on a grill.

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
Wulf Ratbane gives extra experience points if you bring Honey Grahams. Something to keep in mind.

My Saturday group sometimes goes in for edamame, but more often run of the mill junk and coffee. The Sunday group has a taste for authentic Mexican tortilla chips and top-notch salsa.

Djeta Thernadier

First Post
I game with a couple, the husband is the DM and his wife plays, but she also makes the most delicious brownies EVER and I personally think she should get extra XP for that.

:)

Otherwise, we usually just snack on pretzels, cheeze its, candy, cookies. Whatever is around.

orchid blossom

Explorer
Whatever I can make that can sit in the crock pot all night. Meatball subs go over well. Last week was chili. There's been beef stew, and of course sandwhich fixin's when all else fails. 1 2-liter of Diet Coke, 1 of orange soda, and 1 of Sprite.

I like to cook since it avoids the "what should we order for food" argument that inevitably comes up when people start getting hungry halfway through the game.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Sprite and whatever form of fried chicken we can get (sandwiches, whole chickens, stuff from the local place, or crappy little strips from the local grocery). Failing that, we like to game on Mondays when Pizza is half price.

Gnarlo

Gnome Lover
Supporter
*shoves his 2L Diet Code Red behind the sofa*

What?

:)

Now that my group and I have fallen back to a monthly game due to schedule conflicts :( , we generally make the game our eat out together night as well, whether that means going out for steak or sushi, or just picking up subs on the way home. Usually we are so full that we don't have the desire to eat anything while we are actually gaming.

We still all have our drinks at the table though, and each and every one is drinking either Diet Dew or Code Red. Except for the one weirdo druid that drinks... Tab.... *shudder*

Remove ads