Care and Feeding of Gamers

Angcuru

First Post
Sadly, my group is reduced to Pizza and Iced Tea. Which is not all that bad, mind you, but we could do so much better if we really tried... :(

HOWEVER, once I get my appartment w/ kitchen, there will be Gourmet Cheesecake of Awesomeness +5,000, Filleted Chicken in White Wine/Butter Garlic Sauce, Diced Chicken with Julliene Vegetables in a White Wine & Fruit Sauce, Lasagne, Baked Ziti, and MUCH MUCH MORE...but not all at once. :)

ALLLL prepared by myself, who has had no formal training in the culinary arts, yet can already out-cook his mother who has 30 years of practice. :]

(EDIT: Except for roasts, I don't do roasts. They take too long to cook and serve, and are too plain and simple. The only exception being Ham, which is served with Red Currant Gravy.)

Last edited:

Steve Jung

Explorer
Angcuru said:
Sadly, my group is reduced to Pizza and Iced Tea. Which is not all that bad, mind you, but we could do so much better if we really tried... :(

HOWEVER, once I get my appartment w/ kitchen, there will be Gourmet Cheesecake of Awesomeness +5,000, Filleted Chicken in White Wine/Butter Garlic Sauce, Diced Chicken with Julliene Vegetables in a White Wine & Fruit Sauce, Lasagne, Baked Ziti, and MUCH MUCH MORE...but not all at once. :)

ALLLL prepared by myself, who has had no formal training in the culinary arts, yet can already out-cook his mother who has 30 years of practice. :]

(EDIT: Except for roasts, I don't do roasts. They take too long to cook and serve, and are too plain and simple. The only exception being Ham, which is served with Red Currant Gravy.)
So, when are you moving? Hmm? :) Don't forget fruit punch.

Tallok

First Post
pizza: chicken garlic and/or pepperoni
orange soda, root beer
and an addiction to kiwi rasberry juice we often end up drinking 2-4 jugs of that stuff....something that bright red can't be good for you...

diaglo

Adventurer
whatever anyone is willing to bring.

some times we cook. some times we just have pretzels, chips, tortilla chips, cookies, cheese dip, salsa.....whatever junk is available.

for drinks it is coffee, diet cola, sprite, tea,...again whatever.

we have one vegetarian in the group who is picky about not eating meat ;) but otherwise it is a free for all/smorgasborg

the Jester

Legend
It varies.

We thrive on beer and wine and weed. They typically flow in mad abundance around the room. Decadent, yes indeed we are. :cool:

Often someone brings a 2-liter of Pepsi or Mt. Dew.

As far as food, we often order out. The most common tactic for our group is a call to Pizza Guys for calzones, but we also sometimes invoke the Chinese god of delivery. (I'm not personally down with the calzones, but it's my house, so it's easy enough for me to bypass them.)

Once in a while someone cooks- it has been a while since we did that, though.

milotha

First Post
We are currently engaged in the old college standard of the unholy duo: a 2L of coke and Pizza. (We are all too busy with work too cook nowadays.) This is accompanied by some form of Candy, Cookies, and Chips. I've done fancier things: enchiladas, speghetti, lasagna, chili (too many saves vs gas attacks), BBQ, vegetable and fruit platters, cheesecake, chocolate cakes, brownies...

I did once have someone bring Cheetos, and the little orange fake cheeze crumbs got *everywhere*, so they are banned. I'm a neat freak.

Truly, the worst I've ever witnessed was they guy who brought pork rinds and chunky-monkey icecream. He used the pork rinds as a scoop to eat the icecream.

diaglo

Adventurer
milotha said:
...who brought pork rinds and chunky-monkey icecream. He used the pork rinds as a scoop to eat the icecream.

hey at least i left my peanut butter and banana sandwich at home. :p

so what if i love pork rinds...

when did we game together by the way?

knitnerd said:
the biggest flop was a wheel of Brie cheese.
Interesting. We've done brie (and various other cheeses) many times.

Lately, the snacks have included bread and cheese, a variety of trail mixes, brownies, carrots with hummus to dip in, and pretzelss. We always have coke (a few Pepsi haters in the group), and good beer for the DM. In the past, we have done many things including lasagne, pizza, salads, bagels, cooked burgers on the grill, cornbread, and many many more things. We rotate snacks, and whomever has snack patrol gets what they want. The rest of us eat it. We don't usually go for chips or other greasy snack foods, and overall tend to be a bit on the healthy side of things. Guess thats what you get when some of the group are trying to lose weight, most of us play softball, and a few are vegitarians.

Remove ads