Armageddon: Rise of the Nephilim [Closed - Interested Alternates Possible]

Velmont

First Post
I'll write up my background soon. Some orals and an exam in the next days, but if it isn't done, I will wirte it down Tuesday.

Sorry for the delay, it's the end of session and I'm so near my diploma...

Mordane76

First Post
Sorry I've been MIA... I've been down with a killer cold/flu; I've been out of work for two days, and this is the first time I've been on ENWorld as well. Hopefully, I'll be back to normal soon, though...

Mordane76

First Post
What I have in characters thus far I'm very impressed with!

I've spent some time reading and prepping some notes/questions on your characters:

Jonathan -- Let's consider your relationship with the Æternitas. How would you characterize your feelings towards them? They, for the most part, regard you with a cool politeness; your pacificism, while touching, doesn't sit well completely with the Eldest and the Watcher (the two oldest of the Æternitas); the youngest Æternitas (Nigel, the Shepherd) doesn't quite understand you and your ways, but is more accepting than the others.

Serendipity -- Your numbers look fine, as does your Quirk. However, I haven't seen anything in the way of backstory... :D

Velmont's Character -- You need a name; the one I've given you is WAY too long, as you can see. :D You're in the same boat as Serendipity, otherwise, and I understand you're finishing up exams, so I'll be patient.

Shin -- Did you stop boxing professionally? Your backstory insinuates that you did, but I want to make sure you have.

Adam -- What about your friends and family? I know you're now "deceased," but were others close to you injured in the fire?

Rybaer

First Post
Mordane76 said:
Shin -- Did you stop boxing professionally? Your backstory insinuates that you did, but I want to make sure you have.

Yes, he quit. He is still interested in boxing as a sport and might be willing to teach others. Due to his powers, however, he will not fight in a professional capacity any longer. He is also frustrated by boxing's ties with some criminal organizations.

Drakknyte32

First Post
Hmm, a relationship with the Eternitas.

1000 years ago Jonathan looked to them with something akin to hero worship. They were the guys in charge and they seemed to be really smart.

But a millenia of living on your own can change a person's viewpoint about anything.

Nowadays he respects them. They are still smart and they are still in charge. He does what they say (As long as they don't tell him to hurt anyone) because he knows they are the ones best suited to winning the war. Still, he wishes they would look for some peaceful solutions to conflict too.

So basically he treats them like a half-decent boss. Their viewpoints don't match. But he listens to them and respects them anyway.

WizWrm

First Post
Mordane76 said:
Adam -- What about your friends and family? I know you're now "deceased," but were others close to you injured in the fire?

Adam's in his early twenties, unmarried with no children, and living alone in his apartment. His father and mother are still alive, and there was a bit of tension between him and them, as they would have preferred him to go to college, get a degree, and find a high-paying job. However, they're pleased that he was doing something worthwhile, and something that he was happy with.

He had a younger brother, named Brandon, who just graduated from high school and has been accepted into (reputable college nearby). The two got along well. Obviously, Adam's "death" has hit the whole family hard, but they've been able to deal with it reasonably well. Adam figured that since the funeral has already been completed and they've worked through the worst of their grief, it's probably better to let things stand while he figures out what's going on, and if he does decide to return, it won't necessarily be better for that to happen as soon as possible; that would just stir up more confusion and grief. He's very confused himself, anyhow.

His high school friends are mostly in college right now, but he was good friends with most of the other firefighters, if not particularly close with any of them. It's possible a couple of them may have watched him "die," and most attended the funeral ceremonies.

Remove ads