Fishing for Interest - FR/Planescape game

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Ah, if she had met him later in her career... Yes, Cult of the Dragon sounds appropriate. I'll write that into my background, you write it into yours? Also I took the enspell familiar feat. In addition, Quillia had a permanent greater magic fang (12th level caster) cast on her familiar's tail, and she has a permanent familiar pocket on her vest pocket. So you're riding in style. :)

Bonus goodies! Yay! Which lets me concentrate on skill-boosting EQ.

Cannibal_Kender

First Post
Godess Fallen Angel, is a background involving Sigil ok? (I know some people who don't use Sigil)

Just wondering how planescapey our char backgrounds can be (as I am a planeshifter).

Last edited:

silentspace

First Post
Posted Wembly Littletoes, and his dire wolf animal companion Swishtail. Wembly is a Strongheart Halfling druid, Pumbar's cousin. Unlike other druids, Wembly doesn't Wild Shape for combat much. Instead, he follows his cousin, and rides Swishtail into combat, wielding a lance! His feats include Martial Weapon Proficiency (Lance), Mounted Combat, Ride-by Attack, and Spirited Charge!

Wembly doesn't really cast offensive spells, either. He focuses on support and utility spells for himself and his cousin, as well as their mounts.

Big folk often giggle when they see the little halflings sitting on human-sized mounts, wielding lances, but Pumbar and Wembly don't mind at all. They don't even seem to notice.

Most important part about Wembly - he can cast Reduce Animal on Wigglesnout and Swishtail, if they need to go into any small dungeons or something :)

Last edited:

Paxus Asclepius said:
One quick question, on the Gloves of Man item (which gives a creature hands if it would not otherwise have them): at 42,000 gp, they seem woefully overpriced. It seems that Alter Self would be a better spell to base the cost on, given the small scale of the change, bringing the price down to a manageable 12,000.
Hmm... those are in Savage Species, are they not? What spell do they have listed as using if not Alter Self? (My books are in Indiana while I am in Michigan currently).

Cannibal_Kender said:
Godess Fallen Angel, is a background involving Sigil ok? (I know some people who don't use Sigil)

Just wondering how planescapey our char backgrounds can be (as I am a planeshifter).
Sigil is fine. :) Happens to be my favorite Planescape city. And I did say that some planar connection with your character would be a bonus.

Just to let you know, however, the Factions are still alive and well in Sigil in my campaign. (I believe that there was a 2nd edition module that basically had the Lady of Pain kick them all out of her city.)

Update

Just to let you all know, I have had recent health problems that have bumped my schedule back by almost a week (since I was out of commission for almost that long). (D*mn Michigan weather - everyone around here is apparently carrying the plague!) I am now back 'on the job' so to speak (albeit heavily drugged :confused:) but my relocation and professional situation have suffered because of it. So, it looks like it will be another two weeks before I am able to get this up and running. Sorry, all...

On an up note, what has been posted in the RG looks really good. Once everyone has had a chance to get everything they posted and made the final decisions on their character, I will have more in-depth comments! :)

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Goddess FallenAngel said:
Hmm... those are in Savage Species, are they not? What spell do they have listed as using if not Alter Self? (My books are in Indiana while I am in Michigan currently).

They use Polymorph Self, as do the slightly higher-priced Arms of the Naga (which really ought to use Girallon's Arms; it's closer to the intended effect, and in the same book, for crying out loud!).

silentspace

First Post
Hi Goddess, sorry to hear about your troubles. Moving/new job/graduating is a lot of changes to be going through.

Just wanted to toss my two cents in regarding Paxus' Gloves of Man. Does he really need them? Seems to me that a pseudodragon's claws would be sufficiently man-like to do just about anything a man's hands can do... at least how I picture one, anyway.

Paxus, what are Cloud Wings?

Last edited:

Remove ads