Angelsboi passed away 16 Jun 04 (was: Angelsboi Health Update)

SSS-Druid

First Post
Firstly, I apologize for potentially placing this in the wrong spot.

Angelsboi, who was once a fairly prolific poster here, has been hospitalized as his health situation has seriously deteriorated due to, among other things, an ARC-based set of illnesses.

Things have grown dire within the past couple of days, so much so that it is feared that he won't last the day.

If you pray, please pray for him. If you Craft, please do something - I have standing permission from him and am extending it to you. If you have half a moment, think good thoughts towards him, please.

Again, I apologize if this kind of post isn't in the appropriate forum or whathave you. Thank you for your patience - I simply wanted to make those who have some kind of affection for him based on his participation in these boards aware of what was going on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zappo

Explorer
:( I'm terribly sorry to hear these news. The situation has become so much worse since the last update. I strongly hope that he will recover.

He's pulled through dire situations before, I can hope due in part to how many people wish him well. I do pray for him, and I regret never meeting him in person.

Is he still in the Atlanta area? Do you happen to know how to get in touch with him, or even the hospital he's at?

Crothian

First Post
My best for him as well as my prayers. I remeber him fondly and he was a very good and active poster. Thanks for supplying the news even though it is not good.

takyris

First Post
I need a name and a city for the prayer-type stuff -- well, don't need, but it will help stuff get there faster.

EDIT: That was overly mysterious. I practice reiki, a kind of laying-on-hands energy art, and I'm at a level where I can do distance healing. I already did it, so it's probably a moot point now.

Last edited:

Olive

Explorer
I don't pray or craft, but I am thinkign of him. I've been lucky enough to have never had my life or the life of any of my friends touched by AIDS/HIV, but a poster on this forum who was here from the very beginings being alficted really brought it home to me.

So angelsboi, we're thinking of you.

Well, I've never been much for prayer, and the closest I came to craft was macaroni art in elementary school.

But I'm pulling for Angelsboi, and shooting all the good thoughts I can muster his way.

Last edited:

JoeBlank

Explorer
Seconding RW's request. Does anyone have any more detailed info on what hospital, for us in the Atlanta area?

Ryan will be in my thoughts and prayers.

SSS-Druid

First Post
They found some cancer in him. It's not reacting to chemo at all, so they stopped it. They've had him on a respirator for the last couple of days. They tried to insert a drainage tube down his throat and it almost killed him. They told his mother and his husband that if he has a living will, it needs to be enacted now.

Last I heard, they were taking him off life support tonight.

Thanks for all the support, folks - I know that he cared quite a bit for many, many people on this board.

Goddess bless.

Remove ads