DARK•HERITAGE -- 16 installments to date, updated April 20th

Stockdale

First Post
JD: I think changing the firearm reload rules os a great idea. One full round per weapon is excellent. That would make firearms more useful as a rule. Konrad will still shoot then engage, but as happened Friday, hold one pistol back for situations where he just can hack the melee combat.

Yeah, think they just didn't get enough use to really highlight that issue; Josh's character concept just didn't work all that well as it was, though. We also figured that with damage of 2d6, but only one attack (per weapon) every other round, the average damage wasn't really out of whack if we had a faster reload time too.

broghammerj

Explorer
I'm not sure how I'd handle the firearms reload. If a feat can knock reload times down to a standard action, then I could start firing once per round for 2d6 damage which could get pretty out of whack. As it stands I took the quickdraw feat allowing me to draw my pistols as a free action. If I do that 4 times in a row thats some pretty good damage before I run out of loaded weapons. By the way, I thought my character concept worked quite well thank you!

Well, yeah, "doesn't work" is clearly an exaggeration; rather it highlights a potential issue with the rules that we didn't notice before because nobody had relied on firearms as their primary weapon.

I'll have to think about how to handle this; maybe it'd be easier to simply reduce the time to reload and eliminate the feat entirely.

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Hey, JD I finally catch up with where this thing is.

Very nice! Unique atmosphere (somewhere between Iron Kingdoms and The Difference Engine), creepy settings, big fights and dangerous women.

Never too many dangerous women in one room, says I.

Keep it up!

barsoomcore said:
Hey, JD I finally catch up with where this thing is.

Very nice! Unique atmosphere (somewhere between Iron Kingdoms and The Difference Engine), creepy settings, big fights and dangerous women.

Never too many dangerous women in one room, says I.

Keep it up!
I will, thanks! I've actually never read the Difference Engine, though, so any points of common ground are purely coincidental.

Same thing with Dark Sun; I found recently that I converge in many ways with them, but I hadn't really ever looked into Dark Sun until recently. Weird.

ledded

Herder of monkies
Joshua Dyal said:
I will, thanks! I've actually never read the Difference Engine, though, so any points of common ground are purely coincidental.

It's definitely worth a read, I enjoyed it quite a bit as I was doing some background work on our own Steampunk-ish campaign.

I finally got around to reading the latest update and *loved* that bit of horror goodness you tossed in there nice and unexpected like. Very cool, I may have to yoink that visual for one of my games. I just love me some horror tossed into a campaign.

And I agree with Barsoomcore, you just really *can't* have too many dangerous women in one room. I mean, really, who is going to complain about that?

ledded said:
I finally got around to reading the latest update and *loved* that bit of horror goodness you tossed in there nice and unexpected like. Very cool, I may have to yoink that visual for one of my games. I just love me some horror tossed into a campaign.
There's actually a follow-up to that in the next update, when I type it. I want to get a good digital picture of a miniature I used first, though. :]

Quickbeam

Explorer
Just a few random thoughts...

1) Keep the sanity challenges a-coming. Rosham isn't afraid, but parhaps that's because he's too damn foolish to know any better :heh: .
2) Dangerous women = good for a game, we all agree!
3) Faster reload times without feats to bolster the ability sounds great to me. Help broghammer's PC save the reckless Gray says I :p .
4) I just want to reiterate how impressive (and freaky) the rat vision scenario was, given that its genesis was a painted mini you happened to have lying about.

Can't wait to play again!

The Axe

First Post
Ach!

Rats! I'm caught up now and have to wait with everyone else!

Seriously, though: good stuff! I'm looking forward to the next update.

Remove ads