Empire Of the River God IC

Sakura speaks up, having witnessed her companion's arguments.
"Justice is meaningless without truth, or purity to support such truth. I would prefer purity, but will also seek out truth if it gains a majority. But I do not consider Justice to be the correct way. Purity is needed to resist the Shadow's corruption, or Truth to fight the Shadow's lies. Justice can be corrupted, and easily, without its supporting traits."

She pauses, eyes sparkling behind her mask. "What we need is a choice that contains all three traits. Must there only be one Guardian? Can not three work together in harmony to accomplish the goal?"

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Very well then. If we are ever to move from the temple, there shall have to be a compromise. 'A good plan now is better than a perfect one later.' I shall agree to seek truth, as most seem to have faith in that. In the end, I believe it shall all work out. Now, are we agreed?" Zokiro says, rankled at having to give way before the others, but seeing that surely they would never get out of the temple before a year was up if she didn't.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Amanu Vanar Shaman

"It appears the majority are agreed on this course. For the sake of harmony, I will agree. Let us hope it is a sensible course."

Ghostknight

First Post
The head abbot bows his head

"For better or worse your course is now set. Please rest and refresh yourselves. The manks here will show you to your rooms and will do what they can to make you comfortable and help you with preparations for your journey. Whenever you wish, feel free to speak to me, just come to this room and hit the gong, and I will come."

The rest of the abbots slowly filter out. You can hear the sounds of movement outside as if horses and palanquins are being summonsed. It would appear that for most of them, their role is now over.

Sakura follows a monk to her room. Before he leaves, she turns to him. "Have my maid brought here, please."

Once the maid arrives, Sakura spends the next block of time in relaxation and some slight meditation.

Someone

Adventurer
Shokai bows deeply to the abbot before he leaves, then follows his appointed monk. "The things I need are difficult to get: peace, and some nutrition."

Shokai continues, apparently to himself: "Peace without inactivity, food without indulgence, purity without mortification. Is the path twisted, or we choose to make it so?"

Remove ads