Empire Of the River God IC

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Unless one cat can become three, we may be forced to separate the three principles. I feel that a just rule would be the best for the Empire, for if one rules justly and wisely, nothing can come to grief," Zokiro says, stading tall.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
"Ah, but justice and wisdom are not one and the same. A man who rules justly will never do that which harms the innocent, even if it means that necessary acts cannot be performed; a just ruler will not sacrifice a village to save an army, though it is the best course of action. Likewise, a pure ruler will not act in ways that may taint that purity, nor associate with those who do; by refusing to use any but the purest tools, he weakens himself. A ruler who knows truth, however, will always know the proper course of action; a ruler who pursues truth will not be deceived by the words of false and selfish lords, nor by the whispers of the Shadow."

rangerjohn

Explorer
"But by dealing with those of Shadow, it is strengthend. This is most perplexing, it seems there is no right ansewer. If we cannot even come to agreement, amongst ourselves, how can we hope to decide for the empire?

Someone

Adventurer
Shokai smiles. "No, you are in the path of wisdom. There´s no answer, because not even the truly enlightened can see the whole path. We´re ants, trying to reach far mountains, but we have to deal with every blade of grass put in front of us. Don´t let the mountains palalyze you with awe, the first step is to leave the anthill."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"So, we shall put the cat down and let it and fate decide? Stranger things have happened, though I would feel confident that the spirits would lead us to the decision that is needed. Come, time is fleeting," Zokiro says, looking over her erstwhile companions.

Last edited:

"Perhaps the samurai is correct," Sakura says, gesturing towards Zokiro. "The spirits will know what is 'right', should we give them allowance to show us."

Last edited:

rangerjohn

Explorer
Considering the options, Amanu says "Yes it appears the spirits are the ansewer.
Either that or history." Turning to the Abbot "Is there any record of what was chosen in the past? Failing that can any here question the ancestors?"

Ghostknight

First Post
Tha abbot pauses. Those around you have been debating as you have- even amongst the wisest of the land their does not seem to be agreement, and it seems that the Head Abbot was the only one who knew the task to be placed before you.

"If you wish, in the morning we may consult the spirits. But beware their answers, for the spirits themselves each have their own agenda and do not necessarily talk to the good of all.

Consulting the ancestors is also a trap in itself. What was true for them is not necessarily true for you. The choices in the last cysle differed- there the choice was between, law, freedom and piety. Which was to rule. the champions at the time chose, law- supporting the Imperial order and rejecting the rule of the spirits and the individual.

Each cycle differs and the choice is yours alone. Fate is not kind, for you six that stand before me must choose the governing principle that will guide the next cycle. I will say no more, I do not wish to influence you, it is my holy charge to assist and provide the means for you to succeed and no more."

Remove ads