Empire Of the River God IC

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"But it will be hard to alight from this tiger's back. How indeed are we to find this heir? This seems to be the pertinent question. I will not stab into the dark, trying to find my enemies, or friends," Zokiro says, looking directly into the abott's eyes.

Sakura remains silent, as the others have asked all the questions she would like answered.

Instead of speaking, she studies these who would be her companions, and reflects upon the vision imparted to them.

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
Kuni Akata, Shugenja

Akata looks at the table where the golden straws set on the table and see if he can make out any of the others that are not here. If there are descriptions of him and the others here, are there also descriptions of these others?

If there are, he will ask…
"Master Abbot, I am wondering about the others shown here. Who are they? Will they assist us? Why were they not summoned?"

If they are not listed he will remain quit for a while and think about what that will all mean.

Ghostknight

First Post
The abbot looks at you all.

"I will tell you what we know. We know that his heir is young, will be in a village on the border of the shadowlands. We have a way of finding him or her as the case may be. The finder is a cat. The cat will travel with you, and when you are heading in the wrong direction it will let you know by its coat changing color. When heading for purity, white- when heading for justice, silver- when heading for truth, yellow. When heading in the wrong way, black.

Which way you go, to justice or to purity is something you must decide. The Guardian's heir will be chosen by your combined decision. As for the mundane place. I regret that we cannot guide you there. We know there is a juncture between the shadow, us and the celestial court and that the Guardian sits at this juncture, drawing power from the Celestial court to hold the Shadow back from us. We know it is at the peak of a mountain- and the mountain is in the Shadow. Alas we cannot help you beyond that."

He turns to Akata

"Holy one, we too would like to know why the others have not been summoned. Some amongst us believe that the Shadow found a way to block the callings and that these individuals may yet be found. Now, we know not where or whom they are, but if they do appear we will send them to join you. For surely there should be thirteen champions of the Guardian?"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"If there should be or not, we are the ones available, and we will do the work of two or more. Such a Guardian deserves no less. But you say our choices for the guardian are purity, justice, or truth?" Zokiro says, and then turns to the others. "I would not be certain of which to choose. Justice and truth are both high callings, and purity of spirit is something that all strive for."

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
"The question is, what does the Empire need most? Purity, though admirable, is not in itself enough to hold back the tides that threaten us; justice, though it often shapes duty, must sometimes be sacrificed for the greater good. I would then propose that truth be what we seek."

rangerjohn

Explorer
Paxus Asclepius said:
"The question is, what does the Empire need most? Purity, though admirable, is not in itself enough to hold back the tides that threaten us; justice, though it often shapes duty, must sometimes be sacrificed for the greater good. I would then propose that truth be what we seek."

"Well, there is the also the thought, that Shadow is the ultimate corruption. So perhaps, it is purity we should seek." Amanu replies.

Last edited:

Sakura muses, her fan closed and still in her hand. "It is indeed a dire charge to place upon we few... which would be the best for a Guardian of such import?" She looks about the group. "Purity, to combat the Shadow Taint... that would seem to be the best path before us."

Someone

Adventurer
Togashi Shokai, monk

"It sound strange in my ears to hear purity, truth and justice being told as separate things" says the bald monk. "Is not just the man that speaks the truth? Does not the pure stay true with himself?"

Remove ads