Spells that bypass DR?

Antoine

First Post
Polymorph any object :)

Which just happens to be the prerequisite to craft a weapon with the "metalline" enchantment (Underdark).

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
I have a vague memory that when 3.5 was first released, one of the designers said something like "We deliberately didn't include a spell to simulate the special materials, so that DR/silver and DR/adamantine actually require you to have a weapon of the correct material, to retain their flavour."

And then the first 3.5 supplement to come out included a spell to simulate the special materials.

But I could be wrong on some or all of that :)

-Hyp.

ruleslawyer

Nope. Both silvered weapon and adamantine weapon are in BoED, designed by the same man who brought us the full-attack charge, lawful PCs with rage, and all sorts of other goodness.

Lord Pendragon

First Post
ruleslawyer said:
Nope. Both silvered weapon and adamantine weapon are in BoED, designed by the same man who brought us the full-attack charge, lawful PCs with rage, and all sorts of other goodness.
So basically nothing's changed except now the wizard and cleric need to carry a few more scrolls. In 3.0 all you needed was Greater Magic Weapon for DR. Now it just takes more spells. Oi.

Junkheap

First Post
ruleslawyer said:

Is there any feat with a full attack charge and where? Because the only one i know of is lions pounce(a special ability at 5th level of Leonel Of Talisid PRC from CD)

xazil

Explorer
Junkheap said:
Is there any feat with a full attack charge and where? Because the only one i know of is lions pounce(a special ability at 5th level of Leonel Of Talisid PRC from CD)

From the SRD:
DIRE CHARGE [EPIC]
Prerequisite: Improved Initiative.
Benefit: If the character charges a foe during the first round of combat (or the surprise round, if the character is allowed to act in it), he or she can make a full attack against the opponent charged.
Normal: Without this feat, a character may only make a single attack as part of a charge.

Remove ads