• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spells that bypass DR?

Antoine

First Post
Polymorph any object :)

Which just happens to be the prerequisite to craft a weapon with the "metalline" enchantment (Underdark).

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
I have a vague memory that when 3.5 was first released, one of the designers said something like "We deliberately didn't include a spell to simulate the special materials, so that DR/silver and DR/adamantine actually require you to have a weapon of the correct material, to retain their flavour."

And then the first 3.5 supplement to come out included a spell to simulate the special materials.

But I could be wrong on some or all of that :)

-Hyp.

ruleslawyer

Nope. Both silvered weapon and adamantine weapon are in BoED, designed by the same man who brought us the full-attack charge, lawful PCs with rage, and all sorts of other goodness.

Lord Pendragon

First Post
ruleslawyer said:
Nope. Both silvered weapon and adamantine weapon are in BoED, designed by the same man who brought us the full-attack charge, lawful PCs with rage, and all sorts of other goodness.
So basically nothing's changed except now the wizard and cleric need to carry a few more scrolls. In 3.0 all you needed was Greater Magic Weapon for DR. Now it just takes more spells. Oi.

Junkheap

First Post
ruleslawyer said:

Is there any feat with a full attack charge and where? Because the only one i know of is lions pounce(a special ability at 5th level of Leonel Of Talisid PRC from CD)

xazil

Explorer
Junkheap said:
Is there any feat with a full attack charge and where? Because the only one i know of is lions pounce(a special ability at 5th level of Leonel Of Talisid PRC from CD)

From the SRD:
DIRE CHARGE [EPIC]
Prerequisite: Improved Initiative.
Benefit: If the character charges a foe during the first round of combat (or the surprise round, if the character is allowed to act in it), he or she can make a full attack against the opponent charged.
Normal: Without this feat, a character may only make a single attack as part of a charge.

Remove ads