• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[4e][Paragon] Kombat Kraziness (closed)

Dalamar

Adventurer
And it it isn't an OA, which is quite important as this means it does not trigger Combat Superiority. But yeah, being next to a Fighter that has marked you is not a nice place: if you do anything but attack them, they get to whack you.

Graf

Explorer
Just so we're on the same page.
[sblock=PhB 285]Whether you’re pulling, pushing, or sliding a target,
certain rules govern all forced movement.
FORCED MOVEMENT
✦ Line of Effect: You must have line of effect to any
square you pull, push, or slide a creature into.
✦ Distance in Squares: The power you’re using specifies
how many squares you can move a target. You
can choose to move the target fewer squares or not
to move it at all. You can’t move the target vertically.
✦ Specific Destination: Some powers don’t specify a
distance in squares but instead specify a destination,
such as “adjacent” (a square adjacent to you).
✦ No Opportunity Attacks: Forced movement does
not provoke opportunity attacks or other opportunity
actions.
✦ Ignore Difficult Terrain: Forced movement isn’t
hindered by difficult terrain.
✦ Not a Move: Forced movement doesn’t count
against a target’s ability to move on its turn. A target’s
speed is irrelevant to the distance you move it.[/sblock]
So I'd be really really happy if we could stop with the "well when X pushed it; it moved so I get to..." stuff. If it moves as part of a move action then you get an OA (or does something else {i.e. attack a non-marked foe when adjacent to the fighter that marked you} that would triggger a power).
If you push/pull/slide a creature it, per the book, is not movement. You don't get OAs, it's not considered movement for the purposes of triggering attacks, etc.
If you can find an errata link or a post by WotC staff on the boards that says that you can in fact kite monsters with push powers and get OAs then link please.
Otherwise you can't.

(For the record the N'h teleporting around is probably movement, so -if- Belkar had been adjacent when it did the "quick-teleport" thing he could have made an attack when it disappeared).

OK. So when the Lasher first attacked Jack Gerold gets an AO.
I see no roll, so I'll roll it.

> +19 (1d8+11 & +2 vs blooded)
+2 for combat advantage b/c the lasher is dazed
[18 damage]

The corrected post shows the aboleth died and I've (arbitrarily) had Jack reverse the debuffs (adverses? whatever you call the negative conditions) onto the slime mage.

We still need a move for Aeloishi.
On one had, since I have some reports and HW I'm glad, on the other... we could stand to wrap up this round soon.

Graf

Explorer
PS. Luk has to make a different action.
I respect that you, redclaw, are trying to respect the bad roll, but at the moment in time that you would be taking the action (i.e. making the attack) you have no valid foes to target.
(not even dominated Gharresk... alas.)

If I'm going to roll back time then it ought to effect everything. I think.

So.... do something else.

Graf

Explorer
Is Belkar directly after Aleioshi? I cannot find the initiative, bu it looks like in the status description.
See this post.
Initiative doesn't change unless you delay, or ready or what have you.
So you're still in the same spot in the order that you were this round and the round before, and so on.

I'll probably repost every round or so, but I'm not going to do it every post. Just scroll up and you'll find it.
It's always in a spoiler block, and always called Initiative Round x (or something similar).

If you're on firefox you should also be able to find it just by going
control-f and typing in initiative.

Aboleth died? Great! I'll take 17 temp HP and a life spark, please. ;)
Noted. Thanks for reminding me!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads