• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[4e][Paragon] Kombat Kraziness (closed)

Graf

Explorer
What would be my penalities to put one of my weapons in the haversack, draw a sunrod, activate it, let it fall and draw the put away weapon? I don`t have quickdraw, but would use my handy haversack (drawing items from it is a minor action).
There are no "penalties". You just have to do the actions that would be required.

From PhB pg 289 (& haversack page(
sheath a weapon -> minor action
draw item (sunrod) from haversack -> minor
activate sunrod (doesn't say we'll call it free) -> free
drop sunrod in square next to you -> free
(dropping it in the pool wouldn't be a hot idea, very deep)
draw weapon -> minor

So that's three minors. You'd be done for the round.

Sorry for delaying the IC...
It's fine. It's an annoying situation.
Next time I think we'll all remember to get a light coin from the wizard.

Last edited:

Victim

First Post
As an alternative, you might be able to throw daggers to free up hand space since magic weapons automatically return now. Standard: Twin Strike (at the Slime Mage if you can't hit wizard without light), and then 2 minors to draw, ignite, and drop the sunrod. The timing might be an issue though.

industrygothica

Adventurer
:( it sounded like fun...
But I know what you mean.
Some level ranges/creature types are pretty slim pickings.

And modding things is... well... it's hard to be confident at this stage with so little experience.

Of course Victim is thinking plants and he's provisionally at #3 so there might have been some overlap. (trees -> plants? I dunno)

Cool :)
I have WD's The Black Chauldron at #2.
Victim (tentatively) at #3.
You wanna be #4?
Or fight for an earlier slot?

FYI, I have one more map to complete, which shouldn't take but a couple of days, and I'll be ready to go whenever you need me.

10 players would be best, but so long as we keep at least 8 we should be fine--it'll just be a little tougher. :angel:

Victim

First Post
Lasra and Darrak have Uncanny Dodge, so enemies don't get an attack bonus for having Combat Advantage. So that 26 Prismatic Beams attack would only hit the dwarf's Will, not his other defenses. Everything missed on Lasra anyway.

Graf

Explorer
Thank you for that catch!
Will fix.

Thank god the lasher didn't attack him. Will, right.
I had a brain once. It even worked sometimes... :hmm:

Last edited:

Graf

Explorer
It used an artifact as free action to "warp" around and then return to the space it was in.
It's a teleport effect, which usually isn't considered a move right?

(the same way that you can teleport out of the immobilized effect, right?)

That's my interpretation anyway. Anybody have another viewpoint?

Walking Dad

First Post
I think it does be considered movement. 'Teleportation' is written below the 'Tactical Movement' headline. It is not hindered by terrain or immobilisation. And it provokes no oppotunity attacks, just like shifting.
But it is a move, and that is all what is required for the power to work.
(We used RAW on the lightsource question, too.)

For not being adjacent: It is an interrupt. It is resolved before the movement.

How it looks like in play: Just as N'H tries to get away, Belkar finds an opening for a last attack, before it teleports away.

Edit: The Pit Fiend list under movement:
Speed 12, fly 12 (clumsy), teleport 10

It is a kind of movement.

Last edited:

Remove ads