• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[4e][Paragon] Kombat Kraziness (closed)

Walking Dad

First Post
Its in the DMG, I think, in the expanded light source table.
I won't have time to look it up until tomorrow.

Can anybody assist?
I have looked at it. It is not included. Perhaps as much as a torch or a tiny fire creature? (I assume an animated flaming scimitar would be a small or tiny construct creature with the fire discriptor.)
I need the rule for my next action...

Other question: In N'H unhurt. Seems so in the ooc discription for the round. What is it's initiative? 'Aboleth'?

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Ok, I'm back officially and can get into the game. I think I've caught up on most of my stuff returning from a week out of the office.... paperwork has an amazing ability to pile up in a supposedly paperless work environment ;)

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
anyone got a square of forced movement?
immolized means I cant use tide of Iron to shift out, right?
hmm the square I will be stepping into will be free of the spell but it still counts as 1 square penalty difficult terrain, ie no shift?

Not sure what I was thinking with the push, I dont want it further away, so no activation at all.
edit: no thundering, besides it would deal 2d8 not 2d6 damage.

Last edited:

Graf

Explorer
N'h is not unhurt. ;) I just actually have a proper place to keep track of the damage done to him.
In the initiative order N'h = Aboleth, I'll fix that next time. Of course. It's N'h then the aboleths he gated in, so you can look at it as the start of the Aboleth's going too.

Re: Flaming weapons as light sources.
For the first KK my inclination is to run it straight by the book. So if its not listed on that list then it doesn't produce light.
In "my" game I think I'd consider a house rule but this is a shared environment and starting to make house rules seems like defeats the purpose. You can always use a minor to drop a sunrod somewhere.

Immobilized means that you can't shift. But you can delay until the immobilized effect ends... After that? You'd still have to deal with the mucus haze (it's an aura), so no shifting unless you can shift more than 2...

Graf

Explorer
I think Lasra gets another save for her own daze effect at the end of her turn on round two, no?
Or is she already free of the daze condition and I missed it?

Victim

First Post
Yeah, I did roll and post her save. She got an 11, ending the daze effect since she made both her saves.

I should have checked here before posting in the other thread.

EDIT: Do people have any thoughts on when they want to healed. I was planning on starting to heal Bloodied people, but if someone wants to be healed earlier or later, I can take that into consideration within reason.

Once we get this Lasher out of the way, we should be able to advance and assist Belkar.

-----------------------

Regarding the save, I assumed that Dalamar would roll his character's save. The roll occurs right away, but it's still Darak's save.

Last edited:

Graf

Explorer
I appreciate that. But it increases the book keeping on the DMs end. I have effects that have happened in the past, but won't be resolved in the future.
So Darrack may-or-may-not be dazed when the aboleth decides to dominate.
How does that work?

Am I supposed to wait until that player (who, knowing that its not their turn, may not be reading the thread right now) comes and rolls?

So... I am requesting that the generator of the effect roll.
  • If you grant a save you roll it.
  • If you trigger an attack for somebody you roll it.
  • etc.

If you don't I will.
I think that's the only sane way to go.

Victim

First Post
Okay, fair enough. But since Darrak failed the last save, IIRC, he'd still be dazed when the aboleth attack anyway.

Save is: 15

Nice.

Walking Dad

First Post
:( If I had known this before, (I basically thought I would carry a 'torch') I would have the wizard cast a light spell on my flaming weapon, to let it give away light (like a torch ;) )

As it is, I see no other curse of action, as to let the thing go. (Trying to hit a 40 with a + 19 bonus don't sound like a good idea.)

What would be my penalities to put one of my weapons in the haversack, draw a sunrod, activate it, let it fall and draw the put away weapon? I don`t have quickdraw, but would use my handy haversack (drawing items from it is a minor action).

Sorry for delaying the IC...

Graf

Explorer
You mean if you knew that the creature would have used an artifact it's carrying to warp reality around you and carry you into a place with no light?
edit: if you think about it... if flaming weapons actually gave off light then you'd automatically fail your stealth check whenever you had one out. Certain races (basically anything in the underdark) would never use them, because they'd be giving away their position. Who knows, I could be wrong, and there could be errata in the future, but I'm not sure that a flaming weapon having an additional effect (above and beyond what a frost weapon, or a thundering weapon) is such a good design move.

I think -everybody- is surprised at how annoying the whole light thing is.

I don't know how your items work, but I'll go look at the players handbook and see what it says.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads