[M&M] Buffyverse game? (OOC) [Recruiting CLOSED]

Jemal

Adventurer
Drothgery - I've been thinking since your response about rituals, and I'm not sure if I should continue forward with it. The problem I have with it is that the time it takes means it'll be used maybe one in a hundred times - I've rarely found times in a game when you have enough 'setup time' before a fight, AND know what you're going to need.

My original plan had been to use it and my high knowledge check as an alternate to power stunts: spend 3pp(Ritualist, Second Chance, Quickness) to be able to make a knowledge check as a full-round action to gain a minor power (10pp).
I think what I'll do is drop the ritual stuff and take a few luck feats, with the limiter that they can only be used for power stunts on my magic array - hows that sound? It accomplishes exactly what I was trying with the rituals, but a lot more easily and frequently.

Okay, the IC thread is up.
Woot! And you'll be pleased to know that I have managed to remove the curse affecting myself and the slayer. The lolca'at influence shouldn't return anytime soon.... we hope. ;)

drothgery

First Post
Drothgery - I've been thinking since your response about rituals, and I'm not sure if I should continue forward with it. The problem I have with it is that the time it takes means it'll be used maybe one in a hundred times - I've rarely found times in a game when you have enough 'setup time' before a fight, AND know what you're going to need.

Well, that's pretty much how complex magic went down on the shows. Research often took days or weeks, casting times were minutes or hours, and it's largely for non-combat actions (summoning, locating, opening portals, manipulating souls, etc.). I mean, the only combat uses of a ritual that I can think of were the enjoining spell they used against Adam and the 'activating' of all the potentials -- both of which were researched over an extended period, and then took at least a few minutes to cast.

My original plan had been to use it and my high knowledge check as an alternate to power stunts: spend 3pp(Ritualist, Second Chance, Quickness) to be able to make a knowledge check as a full-round action to gain a minor power (10pp).
I think what I'll do is drop the ritual stuff and take a few luck feats, with the limiter that they can only be used for power stunts on my magic array - hows that sound? It accomplishes exactly what I was trying with the rituals, but a lot more easily and frequently.

Well, if you want some on-the-fly versatility with magic, that probably makes more sense. But I'd kind of encourage you to keep ritualist, even if you drop the quickness power and second chance, because it's likely that at some point you'll need Big Complex Magic for something, you probably don't want to subcontract that if you can avoid it, and calling Willow for anything short of an apocolypse may just get her mad.

Jemal

Adventurer
Good points. Allright, I think I'll drop quickness and Second chance for some limited luck.

BTW, on that note: I've done it in other peoples campaigns, but do you allow using the power flaw Limitted on ranked feats? It seems it would work the same as with a 1pp/rank power (Making it cost 1pp/2ranks for a limited: -1 flaw).
What I'm thinking is Luck 4(Limited: Only usable on Magic Array)= 2pp?
That would mean i could use those 4 uses of hero points for improved re-rolls, power stunts and Increased Power as they pertains to Magic, but wouldn't give me any of the other uses of hero points... I think that's much more than half-limited.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
That brings another question to mind:

Tabletop M&M resets hero points for each game session, how often do you plan on them resetting in your online game? day/scene/episode? It'd be nice to know roughly how long I have to stretch my powers out for. ;)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases