[M&M] Buffyverse game? (OOC) [Recruiting CLOSED]

Jemal

Adventurer
Velmont, I Went over the math on your character and found one problem, with your equipment.

Knife = 3 EP
Heavy Pistols = 8 EP each (Not sure how many you have)
Undercover Vest = 4 EP
Midsize Car = 7 EP
Investigation Tools, mw = ? Not sure which book these are from.

So assuming you only have one of each of these things, you have 22 points of Equipment plus whatever the tools cost, but your 4 ranks of the equipment feat only give 20 EP.

Velmont

First Post
wow, that's one lucky cop.

He is a bit clueless about what happen behind the shadow, he has a boss that doesn't like him, and he is not the most charismatic cop you have met, so he need something to save his skin.

Thanks for the equipment count. I think I had in my head that the pistol worth 4 EP... The masterwork tools cost 1 EP. The total is 23 EP. I might add a PDA and a camera or something like that.

I have made a slight change. Reduce all save by 1 to get 3 feat. Equipment (correction to above mistake), Benefit (really forgot that one, I need an access to Police Records) and Connected (well, police help each other, you know).

drothgery

First Post
Okay, I've created a Rogue's Gallery thread here. Shayuri and Jemal can put Taylor and James there now, and if I don't get any more proposals (and the people who tossed out ideas but didn't build complete proposals don't finish theirs), then the rest of the complete characters can go over there this evening.

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
* poke *

Last chance; one hour to go. You don't need to get stats in before recruiting closes, but you do need concepts and background about as detailed as everyone else has posted.

drothgery

First Post
Okay, it looks like I didn't get any more proposals, so all people who did complete write-ups can post your characters in the Rogue's Gallery thread

Just to recap, that's

Shayuri - Taylor Marsh, the Vampire Slayer
Jemal - James Caine, Watcher
Shalimar - Gale Tuuli, half-demon (slyph; can fly, fast, acrobatic)
jkason - Gavin Peterson, half-demon (pain-eater, can heal, inflict pain/nausea/stun)
Velmont - Sergeant Riley O'Connell, police officer

I'll try to have the in-character thread up this weekend. Feel free to create cross-links among your characters (or ask me any plot questions, or hash out M&M rules) here in the OOC thread.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
I have a couple questions.

A: What would be a good demon language to speak? Or should I go with some ancient language? I've currently got Fyarl as a placeholder.

B: I'm just checking your take on something. I think I have it right, but better run it past the GM: I have Ritualist, Second chance: Rituals, and Quickness: Rituals(Rank 3 = 10X speed). If i try to make a ritual, it takes me 24 minutes/power point to design, and 1 minute/point to perform (Total time 25 minutes per power point). If I try to jury rig it, the DC increases by 5 but the time is reduced to 1 round/10 power points (No design needed).

In either case, I get to roll two arcana checks and take the highest due to second chance: Rituals.
Do you see things differently, or see something I'm missing? I want to make sure we're both on the same page about the rituals before this comes up in game.

C: Since we've been in the city for a while (Unless Shayuri wants to say otherwise, I'm gonna go with ~2 years, giving us about a year of training/travelling between Cleveland and San Diego), have we encountered any important organizations/big bads/powerful players in the area?

Velmont said:
He is a bit clueless about what happen behind the shadow, he has a boss that doesn't like him, and he is not the most charismatic cop you have met, so he need something to save his skin.

Thanks for the equipment count. I think I had in my head that the pistol worth 4 EP... The masterwork tools cost 1 EP. The total is 23 EP. I might add a PDA and a camera or something like that.

I have made a slight change. Reduce all save by 1 to get 3 feat. Equipment (correction to above mistake), Benefit (really forgot that one, I need an access to Police Records) and Connected (well, police help each other, you know).
I was thinking of giving my watcher connected, but I figured that all of his 'favours' either died with the old council or were used up keeping him & Taylor alive for that first little while. He's managed to rebuild a fairly decent network of informants, though (Contacts feat + Cell phone = cool)
I'm thinking that if Riley's been noticing stuff for a while, he might have run into the slayer/watcher before. Were you planning on starting him at the "pretty sure there's something supernatural going on out there" stage, or KNOWING the supernatural exists due to experience?

As to the MW tools, I see them now, I'd thought MW was only available using the wealth rules, but i finally found it - Hmm, apparently I've been doing tools wrong, I always pay EP for my tools but you only have to do that for MW tools *L* whoops.

drothgery

First Post
I have a couple questions.

A: What would be a good demon language to speak? Or should I go with some ancient language? I've currently got Fyarl as a placeholder.

I'd go with an ancient language; demons are likely to be invented as the story goes along. You might take the Comprehend power for demon languages instead (though I think it's a bit under-costed).

B: I'm just checking your take on something. I think I have it right, but better run it past the GM: I have Ritualist, Second chance: Rituals, and Quickness: Rituals(Rank 3 = 10X speed). If i try to make a ritual, it takes me 24 minutes/power point to design, and 1 minute/point to perform (Total time 25 minutes per power point). If I try to jury rig it, the DC increases by 5 but the time is reduced to 1 round/10 power points (No design needed).

In either case, I get to roll two arcana checks and take the highest due to second chance: Rituals.
Do you see things differently, or see something I'm missing? I want to make sure we're both on the same page about the rituals before this comes up in game.

It looks like jury-rigging takes 1 rnd/power point. Quickness can't apply when jury-rigging (or when performing a ritual that you designed normally or with the help of quickness), because you can't take 20; it can only apply when you design a ritual.

C: Since we've been in the city for a while (Unless Shayuri wants to say otherwise, I'm gonna go with ~2 years, giving us about a year of training/travelling between Cleveland and San Diego), have we encountered any important organizations/big bads/powerful players in the area?

About the only organized evil (beyond your average demon clan or vampire gang) you've run into is the San Diego offices of Wolfram & Hart. You don't know a lot about what goes on there, but apparently it was a small, minor office until 2004 (because dimensional HQ was just a few hours away), but has been growing since then. Rumor has it that the original expansion was due to projects moved away from the LA office because they didn't want Angel to know about them, but even with Angel no longer involved in LA, and even in the recession, the office is still growing.

I'm thinking that if Riley's been noticing stuff for a while, he might have run into the slayer/watcher before. Were you planning on starting him at the "pretty sure there's something supernatural going on out there" stage, or KNOWING the supernatural exists due to experience?

That's really up to Velmont, though if he's still in the 'strongly suspects but doesn't know' stage, the first adventure is extremely likely to change that.

Remove ads