[M&M] Buffyverse game? (OOC) [Recruiting CLOSED]

drothgery

First Post
Yeah, that was kinda the impression I was on too, and was what i thought of when I read Faith's quote of 'I mean, the creepy crawlies have been awfully quiet for a town with a Hellmouth.'

I guess my original thought was in summer of 2004, Faith's been in Cleveland for about 9 months; in summer of 2005, she's been there a year and nine months. It's a difference between having a vague suspicion something's up, and being darn near certain there's another player in town.

Shalimar

First Post
JEMAL said:
OH, One More Thing: I'm wondering if we should all be working on connecting our backgrounds (IE 'how did X meet Y and why are they working together now), or are we planning on having the characters meet IC/On screen?

Were the characters suppoused to be knowledgeable about each other, and have been sent to San Diego together, or is that really only for the Slayer and Watcher? I ask because Gale's backstory and personality make her unlikely to be part of such an organization, she is merely helping out of boredom at first, and doesn't even believe that the others know she is there.

drothgery

First Post
Were the characters suppoused to be knowledgeable about each other, and have been sent to San Diego together, or is that really only for the Slayer and Watcher? I ask because Gale's backstory and personality make her unlikely to be part of such an organization, she is merely helping out of boredom at first, and doesn't even believe that the others know she is there.

It's entirely up to you. None of the other potential PCs proposed would have been sent by the Watcher's Council; if they've met and/or befriended Taylor and/or James and/or each other, it was on their own.

At this point, Taylor's been in San Diego a while (it's up to Jemal and Shayuri to decide how long; at least a few months, it could be as long as three years, figuring a year or so on the run and at least two years in Cleveland, but it's probably a year or two). Taylor really wasn't 'sent' to San Diego so much as given a bunch of potential trouble spots that didn't have a slayer in residence and asked to pick one (there was a previous San Diego based slayer from late 2004 until a few months before Taylor showed up, but she left for one reason or another; mostly likely she went away for college or joined the military).

[sblock=Shayuri/Jemal]
Taylor and James may have spent some time in Cleveland after meeting Robin and Faith, working with Faith on Slayer 101 and with Robin on getting Taylor's non-Slayer life back in order -- i.e. finishing high school and getting her transcript into a shape that at least with a little prodding from the Council, some college somewhere will take her.
[/sblock]

hero4hire

Explorer
Reprinted from Drothgery's post on previous page:

incomplete ideas

Walking Dad - lucky/unscious probability controller/regular guy
hero4hire -a fully intelligent, preserved but dead approach. (like the Crow?)
Vertexx69 - shapeshifer with a measure of control idea (like Oz)

I was under the impression that the revenant idea didn't quite fit with what Drothgery had envisioned. :heh:

jkason

First Post
It's entirely up to you. None of the other potential PCs proposed would have been sent by the Watcher's Council; if they've met and/or befriended Taylor and/or James and/or each other, it was on their own.

I think Gavin could be pretty easily worked in, background-wise, given his job / abilities and the tendency for folks in the demon-fighting business to get banged up but not wanting to maybe seek normal medical attention.

Actually, I could see a rather interesting first meeting between Taylor, James, and Gavin given Taylor's demon-senses and relative greenness. Suppose James wound up really torn up after a fight (nearly incoherent, say), and Gavin, 'smelling pain' went to see if he could help?

Taylor can tell he's demon-y, misunderstandings occur, etc (though eventually James would put a stop to things once Gavin had him at least partially healed. Heck, maybe healing James was necessary to keep Gavin on his feet).

After that, Gavin starts acting as an (initially unwilling) medic for them: they keep his secret, he keeps theirs, as it were, until Gavin's own desire to make up for his heritage (and his realization that The Slayer is making a difference) get the better of him and he signs on.

jkason

First Post
Got inspired. I didn't give Taylor much to say 'cause I didn't want to steamroller over characterization Shayuri might be working on:

[sblock=When Gavin met Taylor]As Gavin parked his motorcycle, the scent of pain was unmistakable. Okay, it wasn't really smelling, but Gavin found that to be the closest human sense he could relate it to. In any case, whoever was giving off this much pain was probably on his last legs.

"You're off-duty," Gavin insisted. "Anybody getting himself torn up in a garbage-filled alley is not someone you want to know."

Despite what Gavin thought was a well-reasoned argument, he nonetheless found himself grabbing a first aid kit from the bike and turning toward the alley the 'scent' was coming from. The source was obvious on sight: a young woman was kneeling beside a man broken and cut and bruised to within an inch of his life. Instinct and training took over.

"I'm an EMT," Gavin said as he knelt on the other side of the man. "What happened here?" Preternatural senses pointed him to the parts that hurt most, but it was his real-world experience that told him the searing chest pain was a broken rib pushing on a lung, that the gash in his leg had by sheer luck avoided the femoral artery.

He was busy grabbing gauze out of his kit, so he didn't see her boot coming until it hit him in the chest, the kick throwing him up against a wall.

"How stupid do you think I am?" the woman said.

"Well, your friend's bleeding out and you just assaulted an EMT," Gavin said, forcing himself back to his feet. "I'm guessing: not a MENSA candidate."

"You look human, but I know you're a demon, so you can stop pretending."

"Oh, crap ... Look, I don't know how you ... seriously, I promise it was just a fling my dad had, and I'm completely harmless -- beneficial, even. If you let me see your friend, I can--"

He barely dodged the girl's flying kick.

"Are we sure I'm the only who's not human here?"

"I'm a Slayer," she replied. "As in 'slays demons.' Like you. You're not eating my Watcher."

"If you don't let me near him, the worms will be, though. Seriously, his pain's fading, and since I haven't treated him, that means it's because he's fading." It was clear, however, that talking wasn't going to get Gavin anywhere.

"Double crap," Gavin muttered. He held his ground this time, and as the fist connected with his chin, Gavin used the contact to send a wave of nausea through this 'Slayer.'

He knew it wouldn't buy him much time, but while the Slayer reeled for a moment and tried to keep her lunch down, Gavin dove for her companion, grabbing his ankle. The rush was instant and intense as Gavin's nerves sang from the feast of pain. When he let go, the leg wound had sealed itself, and he could tell the man's rib was knit back together.

No time to savor anything, though, because the girl was back, and had him pinned against a wall, stake poised to skewer Gavin.

"Taylor?"

She and Gavin both looked to see the man struggling to his feet.

"See?" Gavin said. "Beneficial! I made him better! No need for Filet Gavin, right?"

"Taylor, what's going on?"

Taylor released her grip on Gavin, though the stake remained at the ready.

"We need to talk."[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
Here a draft of my stats:

[SBLOCK=Stats]Str 14 +2
Dex 16 +3
Con 14 +2
Int 16 +3
Wis 20 +5
Cha 12 +1

Toughness +2 (+4/+7)
Fortitude +6
Reflex +7
Will +9

Attack: 8
Defence: 8

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+5)
Bluff 2 (+3)
Climb 2 (+4)
Computers 5 (+8)
Diplomacy 2 (+3)
Drive 8 (+11)
Escape Artist 2 (+5)
Gather Information 5 (+6)
Investigate 12 (+15/+17)
Knowledge (Behavioral Sciences) 5 (+8)
Knowledge (Civics) 5 (+8)
Language 2 [English, Spanish, Japanese]
Medicine 5 (+10)
Notice 8 (+13)
Profession (Investigator) 8 (+13)
Search 8 (+11)
Sense Motive 8 (+13)
Stealth 5 (+8)
Swim 2 (+4)

Feat
Accurate Attack
All-Out Attack
Defensive Attack
Power Attack
Defensive Roll x2
Equipement x5
Luck x4
Teamwork x2
Eidetic Memory
Benefit (Police Records)
Connected

Equipment:
Knife
Heavy Pistols
Undercover Vest
Midsize Car
Investigation Tools, mw

PP:
Attributes: 32
Saves: 12
Attack: 16
Defence: 16
Skills:24
Feats: 20
Powers: 0
Weakness: 0

Total: 120

[/SBLOCK]

Is still need to read everyone background and see where he fits the best.

Last edited:

Remove ads