[M&M] Buffyverse game? (OOC) [Recruiting CLOSED]

Jemal

Adventurer
Good background, Shayuri. I like how you expanded upon the things I'd only alluded to, very nice. :)

My only concern is that if Taylor's 18 now, wouldn't that make her 13 when she was first called? I know the slayers get called young, but that seems VERY young to me.. I seem to recall the potentials being around 15.

drothgery

First Post
Good background, Shayuri. I like how you expanded upon the things I'd only alluded to, very nice. :)

My only concern is that if Taylor's 18 now, wouldn't that make her 13 when she was first called? I know the slayers get called young, but that seems VERY young to me.. I seem to recall the potentials being around 15.

Yeah, if she was called as a high school sophomore (i.e. 14 or 15 unless she skipped a grade somewhere) during season 7 of Buffy (which was in 2003), she's 20 or 21 now (Buffy was Sunnydale High class of 1999 in season 3, and her tombstone showed a birth year of 1981).

The only other thing is for plot purposes I'm going to say that Faith and Robin Wood were 'officially' assigned to watch the Hellmouth in Cleveland, and they're the ones who discovred Taylor and James. Other than that, it looks good.

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
My bad. I messed up on the chronology.

I'll make her 20 now.

Cool.

[sblock=story fragment]
Sandusky, Ohio (about an hour west of Cleveland)
July, 2005 (a little over two years after the battle at the Hellmouth in Sunnydale)

The sun had set long ago, but the Cedar Point amusement park was open late in the summer. Rides ran, vendors called out for games, and even the giant ferris wheel still spun. And a tall, athletic, fair-skinned woman in her mid twenties and an African-American man in his early thirties got off the park's most recent effort at the tallest and fastest roller coaster in the world.

The woman was singing the coaster's praises to her companion when she suddenly stopped.

"Robin, we came out here for fun, right? I mean, the creepy crawlies have been awfully quiet for a town with a Hellmouth. You weren't planning to buy me some cotton candy and then tell me a few pale guys with messed up foreheads had taken up residence here?"

"No. I think I can safely say that there were no undead involved in my plans for the evening."

"Then why is there a girl beating up on a few vamps over there?"

"You did say she was beating up on the vampires, not the other way around?"

"Yeah, but even B can have trouble with 3 or 4 unless she's really mad." Faith said, Robin following behind her as they ran to the obscured area between attractions where Taylor and James were fighting four vampires. She picked up a vaguely stake-like wooden object from a souvenier shop as she was running through. "I'll pay for this in a few minutes, I swear." She told a clerk.

The young slayer and her watcher were holding their own, but the numbers were giving them a bit of trouble. Still, they were somewhat surprised when half of their opponents turned to dust, but reacted quickly, staking the remainder seconds later.

"You don't know what went down last spring, do you? You thought your girl was the one and only?" She said, when James had obviously put two and two together.

"I'm Faith. The vampire slayer." She said anyway.

"Robin Wood." He added. "Nikki Wood's son, if you're curious." Taylor didn't recognize the name, but James knew quite well who had been the slayer in the late 1970s. "And unless I miss my guess, you're James Caine. The list of watchers that are unaccounted for is pretty short. You were last seen in England, in the company of a young woman, presumably a potential slayer. We thought the bringers had caught up to you, but no one ever found your bodies, so you were on the watch list."
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Hee hee

Cool deal! I also added some flavor text and a description of Taylor's demonforged goody. The italic quotey lines, except for the gauntlet's, are actual lines from the show. Found a site that has episode transcripts. :)

Jemal

Adventurer
Would it be possible to put the meeting with Robin & Faith in 2005? I was kinda picturing Taylor and James having been on their own for a couple years before finding out - Long enough to train, get used to each other, have some heavy adventures (a'la The demon gladiator pit), etc.

Also, If it's ok with you, drothgery, I'm planning on leaving James' 'before' background (before the harbingers), pretty vague/blank at this point, so we can insert interesting tidbits through the game/series (I figure the 'mysterious past' thing worked pretty well for the other two watchers.)

BTW, how's everyone else's characters comin?

Jemal

Adventurer
Reprinted from Drothgery's post on previous page:
proposals with backgrounds and stats
Jemal - James Caine, Watcher (swordsman/mage)
Shalimar - Gale Tuuli, half-demon (slyph; can fly, fast, acrobatic)
jkason - Gavin Peterson, half-demon (pain-eater, can heal, inflict pain/nausea/stun)
Shayuri - Taylor Marsh, vampire slayer

proposals with backgrounds

Velmont - Sergeant Riley O'Connell, police officer

incomplete ideas

Walking Dad - lucky/unscious probability controller/regular guy
hero4hire -a fully intelligent, preserved but dead approach. (like the Crow?)
Vertexx69 - shapeshifer with a measure of control idea (like Oz)

OH, One More Thing: I'm wondering if we should all be working on connecting our backgrounds (IE 'how did X meet Y and why are they working together now), or are we planning on having the characters meet IC/On screen?

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Would it be possible to put the meeting with Robin & Faith in 2005? I was kinda picturing Taylor and James having been on their own for a couple years before finding out - Long enough to train, get used to each other, have some heavy adventures (a'la The demon gladiator pit), etc.

Sure. Though if I do that, by the time Faith & Robin meet up with you, you've probably had enough 'near misses' that both James & Taylor and Faith & Robin are suspecting another player in the area.

Also, If it's ok with you, drothgery, I'm planning on leaving James' 'before' background (before the harbingers), pretty vague/blank at this point, so we can insert interesting tidbits through the game/series (I figure the 'mysterious past' thing worked pretty well for the other two watchers.)

Sure.

drothgery

First Post
Just as an FYI - recruiting isn't officially closed, though barring something really strange happening, James and Taylor are definites.

Jemal

Adventurer
Sure. Though if I do that, by the time Faith & Robin meet up with you, you've probably had enough 'near misses' that both James & Taylor and Faith & Robin are suspecting another player in the area.
Yeah, that was kinda the impression I was on too, and was what i thought of when I read Faith's quote of 'I mean, the creepy crawlies have been awfully quiet for a town with a Hellmouth.'

Remove ads