[M&M] Buffyverse game? (OOC) [Recruiting CLOSED]

Rhun

First Post
I have an idea for a character. Joe Average guy who dies and comes back as a free-willed zombie (revenant?).

Kinda like a Jack O'Toole type?

Also, Droth...I think I'm going to bow out of this one, since I don't have the M&M rules. It looks great though, so I may just follow along to see how it goes!

Shayuri

First Post
hmm, here's an idea.. assuming Shayuri decides to go the slayer route.

My watcher had just discovered a potential (Shayuri's character) when I got news of the council's destruction and the attacks on potentials. We went on the road, moving from place to place to stay ahead of them and help out where we could, only recently figuring out what exactly had happened, and managing to get ahold of Giles and what's becoming the new council.

I like this.

Though the GM's note on time is true. My suggested fix is this:

Watchers learn of threat to Potentials and send out agents to try to save them (this happened in the show). Jemal's Watcher is sent to my character. Somehow we survive the Harbingers...cleverness and pluck, most likely. We return to the Council to find...oops, the Council's been slaughtered. So we go on the run. We wind up back in the States, but low on cash without the resources of the Council. We're heading for Sunnydale to link up with The Slayer and her Watcher, but our plane landed on the East Coast...so it's a long ride.

On the way, he gives my character the background info, and trains her as best he can in what she'll need to know, should she be Called. And then...lo and behold, she IS Called! Of course ALL potentials are; but we don't know that. All we know is that suddenly my character got the Slayer powers. So we assume Buffy got dead, and keep busting cheeks to get there. By the time we get to Sunnydale, it's a crater in the ground. This doesn't look good to us, since we don't know the circumstances of why the town was destroyed.

So we lay low a bit longer, still training and now also fighting monsters when and where we find them, until finally...FINALLY...we learn what's going on. Most likely my character was located by the new Watcher Council's "potential pinpointer," be it Willow (perhaps using the Scythe's link to the slayers for a spell to track each 'line of power' down) or some other agency that finds new potentials as they're born/come to age.

At that point, we join the effort.

Jemal

Adventurer
Works for me. :)

My character probably gets along fairly well with the 'new' watchers. He never fit exactly as the old watchers wanted.. he was one of the watchers who wondered why they just watched, and actually wanted to DO, learning magics and swordplay to aid in the fighting should the time come - and when it did, he was ready.

drothgery

First Post
I'd like to try the shapeshifer with a measure of control idea, like Oz. Those herbs, charms and incantations he found in Nepal weren't designed just for him, so other werewolves must have sought them out over the years too.

Could work.

I think I'll go with a policeman who had been running for some times on strange cases, unable to find any solution, or at least, any acceptable solution for his superiors. In a recent case, he fall on the group and team with them to stop the creature. He had to disobey an order and as he had no reasonable explanation to give to his chief for his insubordination, he was suspended for an undetermined time.

So, he will be a normal human, without superpower, but really competent and skilled. A bit clueless about the paranormal but aware of it.

So could this.

I have an idea for a character. Joe Average guy who dies and comes back as a free-willed zombie (revenant?).

... but I'm not sure on this one. Buffyverse zombies tend to be pretty obvious, and not too bright.

Also, Droth...I think I'm going to bow out of this one, since I don't have the M&M rules. It looks great though, so I may just follow along to see how it goes!

Well, I can defintiely see not buying new rulebooks for a PBP game, but thanks for the interest.

drothgery

First Post
Works for me. :)

Works for me, too.

I guess it's about time to turn ideas into serious character proposals. Stats aren't needed yet, but if you want to, that's fine. What I definitely need are

- name
- background (including where you're from, how you got to San Diego, what you do for a living -- the Council will pay slayers and watchers enough to keep them off welfare, but watchers definitely need a 'cover' job, and adult slayers who don't want to be full-time students -- and aren't wealthy, ala Kennedy -- do, too)
- skills and abilities

Shayuri

First Post
Actually, remember the dead boys in the episode that focused on Xander stopping a bomb under the school while the other Scoobys saved the world?

They were definitely undead, but weren't vampires. They could be thought of as 'revenants' or well-preserved, sentient zombies.

Shayuri

First Post
Yeah, but I was just saying, they weren't rotting, nonintelligent, shambling eaters of brains. Zombies like them would be technically playable, though it may be that such creatures have thematic problems that make them unpaletable for the game.

Velmont

First Post
Sergeant Riley O'Connell

-=-=-= History =-=-=-

Riley is a member of San Diego Police Department. He has gain his title of investigator five years ago. His first case have been a strange case of murder. His investigation lead him to an inconclusive proof about the killer. The case wasn't closed but left aside. A year after that, he got a second case with similarities, than a third. His inability to find the killer irritated his superiors. The things was Riley got to the conclusion that the killer wasn't a human. It looked like it was a creature and it wasn't an animal.

His superior gave him all the strange case and he finished with a pile of open case without conclusion. Riley understood that things happened in the streets that no one would believed. Pushing his investigation, he fall on one of the killer of his case. The creature, he would learn later to be a vampire, got accidentally killed in a fight, leaving no body behind, and thus, no killer for his case.

During his last case, he felt in the hideout of one creature, and he survived just by a great luck, as a slayer had followed the same track and arrived just a moment after him. With the slayer's group, he was able to dispose of the threat.

-=-=-= Description =-=-=-

Riley's Irish heritage is obvious. He has short red hair, he is tall and muscular. He has even a small accent even if it is his grand parents who arrived in the USA over fifty years ago.

Riley's had a mention at the police academy. His investigation skill are great and he has an open mind. He also keep training, keeping good shape, doing different style of martial arts. He also won once the shooting contest made among the San Diego Police Department members.

Remove ads