[M&M] Buffyverse game? (OOC) [Recruiting CLOSED]

Shayuri

First Post
Sounds good to me.

So far my 'half-demon' is winding up very slayer-esque. I wonder if I should just cave in and make her an actual slayer. Hee.

jkason

First Post
I should be able to download the M&M rules PDF tomorrow, then I'll start crunching.

If Shayuri does go with a Slayer, I might lean toward a half-demon rather than the robot/cyborg. I'm kind of liking this 'pain-eater' concept I'm toying with. Basically, a demon race who manipulate / feed off pain and adreneline and that sort of thing. The side-effect would be something like a buffer, I guess, but I want to see how the rules actually work before I commit to something. ;)

jason

Walking Dad

First Post
I'm interested, too. With a Xander meets Gladstone Gander character. Lot of ranks in the luck feat and an unconscious probability control. Not doing the right things, but will work out in the end. Watched Buffy until Willow's girlfriend got killed.
Character concept fine?

jkason

First Post
Downloaded the PDF, and I think my concept may have legs. Slightly twisted legs, if I'm lucky:

A half-demon whose mother was a Pain-Eater Demon (common name, obviously. I'd have to come up with something else for the actual species name), creatures who 'feed' on organically-generated pain. The side effect is actually healing, though the species in general isn't necessarily benign. Some certainly serve as demon medics (like his mother, I would think), but the more bloodthirsty of them will kidnap victims, torturing them in order to feed on them, which heals the victim up so they can feed over and over again on the same individual.

The same species has the ability to also project pain. While they're known to use this ability as self-defense, its traditional purpose has been to feed their young (I kind of love the Ew factor of that bit).

In practice, I think the Life Control power would be his primary ability (probably handicapped with Touch range), with an Alternate power array of things like Healing, Fatigue, Stun, maybe Drain (so he can hurt someone or heal someone, but only to the exclusion of the other abilities). I'm still figuring out how Alternate powers affect power point cost, so I'm not sure. I was toying with some sort of Fade mechanic, but since 'charging' the pain power would be through healing his allies, it seems a little too beneficial to be a full-fledged Flaw.

Also thinking about using Super-Senses to give him a "pain-radar," something his species would have used for finding their next meal.

Anyone more familiar with the system see a lot of problems / have any advice?

jason

Jemal

Adventurer
hmm, here's an idea.. assuming Shayuri decides to go the slayer route.

My watcher had just discovered a potential (Shayuri's character) when I got news of the council's destruction and the attacks on potentials. We went on the road, moving from place to place to stay ahead of them and help out where we could, only recently figuring out what exactly had happened, and managing to get ahold of Giles and what's becoming the new council.

Velmont

First Post
In practice, I think the Life Control power would be his primary ability (probably handicapped with Touch range), with an Alternate power array of things like Healing, Fatigue, Stun, maybe Drain (so he can hurt someone or heal someone, but only to the exclusion of the other abilities). I'm still figuring out how Alternate powers affect power point cost, so I'm not sure. I was toying with some sort of Fade mechanic, but since 'charging' the pain power would be through healing his allies, it seems a little too beneficial to be a full-fledged Flaw.

Pretty simple.

Let's say you have blast 10 with area extra, that would cost 30 PP. You take 2 alternate power. Each alternate power can be build with the same amount of PP than the primary, excluding the Alternate power PF itself. In this casse, it would be 30 PP.

So you could decide to have Teleportation 14 in alternate power with 2 power feat for 30 PP and (Flight at 10, ForceField at 10) for the other AP. Yeah, more than one power can be part of one alternate power. Now, if you teleport, you cannot blast of fly. If you blast, you cannot use your forcefield or teleport. If you use your forcefiel, you could fly, but not blast and teleport.

Now, if you spend 2 PP on each Alternate power, you can distribute your PP among all the power, so you could Blast at 5 (for 15 PP) while have a Forcefield at 10 (10 PP) and slowly flying over your enemy (Flight 2, for 4 PP).

drothgery

First Post
Anyone more familiar with the system see a lot of problems / have any advice?

I think it should work.

hmm, here's an idea.. assuming Shayuri decides to go the slayer route.

My watcher had just discovered a potential (Shayuri's character) when I got news of the council's destruction and the attacks on potentials. We went on the road, moving from place to place to stay ahead of them and help out where we could, only recently figuring out what exactly had happened, and managing to get ahold of Giles and what's becoming the new council.

Sounds good, though five years or so is a bit of long time to be out of the loop.

Remove ads