• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Darkness Rising

mfloyd3

Explorer
Larissa nods at the Father's explanation. "I will take the lead," she says. "Tyrien, you take the rear. The rest of you, stay between us and stay alert." Her gray cloak has muffled her armor, but has not diminished her confident manner.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien stops putting the elven cloak away in her haversack and hands it over to the old man, "Sure, if it will help. You sound a bit creaking. I just thought that was your old bones, not your rusty armor. Hee, hee."

"Okay, Larissa. I will cover the rear and our back trail. We might as well get started before the wererabbit comes back to decide we are really just walking carrots."

With longbow in hand, Tyrien brings up the rear of the procession, just behind Tonris the funny-haired mage and his little friend. She whispers, "Does Rex see in the dark?"

[sblock=Actions]Lend cloak to the old priest[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +7 Perception: +14 (low-light vision)
AC: 23 (18 flat-footed, 16 Touch)
HP: 56 Current: 56
CMB: +8 CMD: 24(19ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +10 Will: +5
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Tonris shakes his head no at Tyrien's question. All along this cavern, the path has been rough and requiring a careful step. If it has been traveled more than a few times since its creation, you cannot tell. After a long walk in relative quiet, Larissa halts the party. She spreads her arms to indicate the cavern is widening out and looks back at Relios for instruction. He waves her back so the group can huddle and discuss what is ahead.

Whispering, "Ah so far, so easy. Not any more. Lady Larissa, I need you to maintain your lead. That room is a pit with an illusion over it. The bottom is deep and slimy. What kind, I don't remember, and I don't want to find out. To solidify the illusion, Larissa you must channel your healing energies. Then walk quickly and carefully to the the edge near where you can effect and channel again. Tis safer to do it three times to get across. Don't want to miss by a step and fall. Everyone must move quickly, because the solid nature bleeds away and lasts only as long as the healing you put in."

Continuing in whispers, "If our enemy is in this cavern, they will be waiting on the other side. Now is the time to prepare for a fight. What was that other part... Ah, of course. The easy path leads to failure. Just like life."

[sblock=status]Terrain: Brown: rocky rough walls; smooth gray: normal; rough gray: difficult terrain

5?/5? AC 16 Relios ~ mace
62/63 AC 22 Larissa ~ light on weapon
33/36 AC 18 Agno ~ wand in one hand, bow in other, light on cloak
18/18 AC 17 Keeling (on Agno's shoulder perch)
42/42 AC 13 Tonris ~
20/21 AC 18 Rex ~
56/56 AC 23 Tyrien ~ ioun stone
[/sblock][sblock=map]
cavern1.png
[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
"Lay out your arrows for me," Larissa says quietly to Agno and Tyrien. "I can enchant four score and ten to deliver powerful radiant energy against our foes. The spell will last a little less then an hour, but it will suffice for this fight, and perhaps see us to the grotto."

As Agno and Tyrien consider this, Larissa continues. It is clear as she speaks that she has led troops in combat before. "We will be vulnerable as we cross the pit," she tells her comrades. "I will do as Father Relios says, and use the energies of the Host to see our footing to the other side. But if we encounter resistance at the other end, I will charge, and attempt to engage in hand to hand combat. Agno, if I do, I leave it to you to maintain the surface of the pit with your energies while Tyrien puts her skills to work.

"Tonris," she continues. "Can you see well enough in the dark to scout across the chasm? Your ability to take to the air might be of great value here."

[sblock=ooc]Casting Daybreak's Arrow on Tyrien and Agno's arrows, a total of 50 between them. Larissa also wants to cast Heroism on herself.
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Agno Phoenicus, priest of Issolatha

When Agno realizes that Larissa means to enchant some of his arrows he gets rather excited and spills a bunch onto the ground. He hastily picks up the excess and puts them back in his quiver motioning to Tyrien.

"Tyrien is the better archer. Her arrows find the mark more readily than mine; the magics should go mostly to her. Though I will take a few and with your, hurrr... thanks. Errr... my thanks. And I shall be ready with Issolatha's divine power just in case." The tengu shifts uncomfortably then blurts out more. "Though I know many secrets of using Issolatha's power I am weak in the using of her pure power."

Keeling twists his head from side to side clearly uneasy with the dim light and the enclosed space.

• • • • Agno Phoenicus • • • •

[sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus
Initiative: +3
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 36 Current: 36
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +7 Reflex: +5 Will: +10 (+12 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
Speed: 40 ft. (50 ft. with Longstrider)

Current Weapon in Hand: shortbow
Ammo (Arrows): 37/40 remaining x
Current Conditions in Effect:

Lightning Arc: 7/7 remaining
Channel Energy: 4/4 remaining
Agile Feet: 7/7 remaining
Hawkeye: 7/7 remaining
Totem Transformation: 2/4 minutes remaining

Cleric Spells:
Spells Prepared:
1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
0-level: guidance, light, stabilize

Druid Spells:
Spells Prepared:
2nd level: chill metal, lesser restoration, share language, eagle's splendor (D)
1st level: cure light wounds, entangle, faerie fire, shillelagh, aspect of the falcon (D)
0-level: detect magic, detect poison, flare, resistance[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien takes the enchanted arrows back, collecting 40 out of the 50, whispering, "I shoot through them pretty quickly. I could use all of them up in a minute of fighting."

"I am wondering why the Father cannot use his own divine channeling to help hold the illusion solid as we reach the far side so Larissa can focus on facing the enemy as we close in the expected location of their ambush. Surely he can hand that will we do the fighting."

She signals she is ready to cross the chamber ahead with two of the newly enchanted arrows already nocked in her bow.

[sblock=Actions]Get 40 Arrows enchanted[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining

Satin Knights

First Post
"Because little girl, I have to reserve my channeling for lighting the Light of Helerion at the end of the battle. A child of the Whisperer is not going to be able to light one of our holy artifacts, nor a champion of the Sword Saints. I must have the energy stored and ready for then. I cannot use what I have now."

"Agno, give me back the wand of Daylight. I don't think you want to shoot it with your bow by mistake. Now, are we ready?"

[sblock=Status]
62/63 AC 22 Larissa ~ Light on weapon ~ Heroism
56/56 AC 23 Tyrien ~ Ioun stone ~ 40 enchanted arrows
33/36 AC 18 Agno ~ Light on cloak ~ 10 enchanted arrows
18/18 AC 17 Keeling (shoulder perch)
5?/5? AC 16 Relios ~ mace and wand in hand
42/42 AC 13 Tonris ~
20/21 AC 18 Rex ~
[/sblock][sblock=map]
cavern1.png
[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
"Wait," objects Larissa. "Tonris can gather us intelligence. And we may be able to make use of the illusion. You said the pit was deep. Tonris could fly under the illusion, above the bottom of the pit. He makes his way to the end of the room undetected. If he cannot see through the illusion, he must surface briefly, but he need not make a target of himself. If he needs light, Tyrien can fire an arrow with a light spell on it across the room -- Our master archer could surely do such a thing. Then he returns to us, and can warn us of danger. And if there is danger, he can shadow us under the surface of the illusion and surprise our enemies when they seek to ambush us."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Agno Phoenicus, priest of Issolatha

Agno giggles with a high pitched sound, quite odd coming from his avian throat, at Relios' joke. At least Agno thinks it is a joke. The tengu does seem relieved to be rid of the responsibility of carrying the wand and back to holding his bow ready.

"I am, hurrr... ready to proceed," says Agno.

• • • • Agno Phoenicus • • • •

[sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus
Initiative: +3
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 36 Current: 36
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +7 Reflex: +5 Will: +10 (+12 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
Speed: 40 ft. (50 ft. with Longstrider)

Current Weapon in Hand: shortbow
Ammo (Arrows): 37/40 remaining x
Current Conditions in Effect:

Lightning Arc: 7/7 remaining
Channel Energy: 4/4 remaining
Agile Feet: 7/7 remaining
Hawkeye: 7/7 remaining
Totem Transformation: 2/4 minutes remaining

Cleric Spells:
Spells Prepared:
1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
0-level: guidance, light, stabilize

Druid Spells:
Spells Prepared:
2nd level: chill metal, lesser restoration, share language, eagle's splendor (D)
1st level: cure light wounds, entangle, faerie fire, shillelagh, aspect of the falcon (D)
0-level: detect magic, detect poison, flare, resistance[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien shrugs as the crotchety old fart changes his tune again, only helping by using and carrying the wand they had to cajole him into letting them buy. She mutters to the Tengu after the old priest issues orders to hand over the wand while making fun of his archery.

"Hmmm, first he declared we would not need the wand and we know that was a mistake. He declared that he would take care of needing to deal with the darkness and poisons and such, but now Larissa has to use her channeling energies. I think something smells. Not just the stink of old moldy people either. It is worth watching, anyway."

At the plan, the archeress agrees, "Sure, I can shoot a lighted arrow for the aerial scouting by Tonris."

"However, would it not make more sense to draw the enemy to us if they are waiting right now? Then they fall through the illusion and into the pit."

[sblock=Actions]Waiting on Tonris[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
+2 Will vs. Enchantments

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining

Remove ads