[LPF] Darkness Rising

GlassEye

Adventurer
I second mfloyd3's thank you! I enjoyed the adventure and also appreciate that you were able to finish it up for us, SK.

Agno will sell his wand when he gets back in town to compensate for the difference in his item vs. gold earned.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Thanks, SK. Having taken over adventurers from others, it is hard to be motivated and be invested in it. You did a great job and I had fun... despite the difficulties with you know who. Nice playing with you as well, MF & GE. Gotta wonder what next for Agno and Tyrien. (an Larissa too if you are changing your mind, MF)

Pity Tyrien's mouth got the better of her and she did not get a fancy bow that would not be available so easily in the Pearl. Out of curiosity, what would have it been? Or was that just theatrics and there was no actual bow listed as a treasure possibility?

Satin Knights

First Post
You only had about 12k of treasure coming, so the bow wouldn't have been too special. A +1 shock bow was too little, anything in the +3 category was too much. The dagger came closer to the total you were due. If you pick up the extra feat, the dagger becomes quite nice, and the feat works with your chakrams as well. Or, turn all your treasure into the pearl and get the weapon you really want. (taking time to check) Okay, you did that. Intention was a +2 weapon for Larissa as well, but she already had enough treasure that it just wasn't in the budget. So, the squire made the fortunate mistake of pulling a +1 weapon instead of +2 that priest had asked for with the two fingers.

Mostly theatrics. I make up the treasure as I go. And Tyrien was the one non-priest. She had that strike against her before she opened her mouth.

The church on the other hand made out quite well looting the bodies. They can afford to cast more than a few raise dead spells to put things back in order and invest in bolstering their defenses.

I am glad everyone liked it. Now to figure out the next adventure as we have quite a few in the mid to high range sitting in the DWI now.

Satin Knights

First Post
Quick Draw makes separating the dagger a free action. So, you can pull off throwing 3 in a round at higher levels and still have one in your hand to be "armed" for AoOs. I am not sure if it is needed to throw two chakrams in a round at higher BAB levels or not. I assume it is.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ahh that feat. I like Quick Draw, have it on both my other characters.

Tyrien is focused on a bow and outside of zombies, I am not sure she needs to be effective vs. DR/Slashing and I might try powering through it instead. Though, I will admit a +1 Shock Bow would be a good idea. I might actually go back and drop the +4 Dex Belt back to +2 and roll for it. That more extra 12K gp is probably not worth that +2 it as I am limited on the AC bonus of the Mithral Shirt anyway.

Remove ads