• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Borric, Nathan, Sylvain, & Zelena

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Swash1.jpg

Borric considers the gnome's words and shrugs, "Okay, so maybe permanently blocking it is an overreaction."

"But that place on the other side did not appear to be of this plane of existence. Are you sure we did not cross into another realm? I am certainly no expert, though."

Then the fighter gets a gleam in his eye and an excited look on his face, "However, if we must consider dealing with what lies on the other side for the good of civilization, then I think we need a flying ship with some magicked ballistae. Additionally we could even use a few tamed flying mounts, maybe griffins or something."

"We certainly are not rich enough or powerful enough in magic to do this alone... at least not at the moment. I think we have the makings of a new quest!"

[sblock=OOC]Considering the Judge's current discussion on a co-DM model, I am getting some ideas for a follow-on. But that would need [MENTION=93930]Systole[/MENTION] and GE on board.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +10
AC: 28 (25 w/out shield, 26 flat-footed, 13 Touch) - 29 With Prot from Evil
HP: 88 Current: 94
CMB: +14 CMD: 27 (29 vs. Disarm/ 31 vs. Trip) Fort: +10 Reflex: +7 Will: +6 (+8 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip, Power Attack (-3/+6), Fortune, Heroism, Bless, Prot from Evil, Align Weapon

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]When I first started thinking about Dwarven Crusade well over a year ago I had some grandiose plans that I eventually came to realize I couldn't pull off. When this group got closer and closer to the place where I needed to slot in those ideas, with nothing to drop in its place I began to drag my feet as I'm sure you could tell by the quality of encounters we've had over the past months. This was THE major reason for me beginning to burn out.

The point is, beyond what little I've described of Khuldun's planar gate I hold no proprietary feelings towards what is on the other side. Regardless of whether any of what I've just said is relevant to your ideas, I'm on board.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]I am still not sure why you got the burnout exactly. I know that DMing some people that put in little effort turns me off to a game and I become apathetic, but I do not think that is the case here in this particular game. We did not rush you in pace either, though we have run a little slow at times for keeping good sustainment IMO. ;)

I am guessing that initially you were excited by the ideas and the long-term things you had planned, but after several months that excitement always fades away as things do not move so fast in PbP. I have experienced this myself, so maybe that is the crux of the issue?

For me, I am finding that it is best to use published material most of the time, even if I make several modifications to change the level or only use part of it. When I do 100% homemade material (which isn't that often), then I only work out plans 2-3 encounters out and leave the big picture of the plot more fluid and simple (particularly with the structure of LPF adventuring). Sadly, working farther out in PbP often is wasted time/effort as things always change.

When I mention being "onboard", it was not for high jacking your potential plotlines and setting location. :p

I was referencing a co-DM model that would alleviate some of the lack of time and burnout facing you, Systole, and maybe some others. Since neither of you two have said you would continue DMing your groups after these adventures ended this summer, that potentially leaves two of my characters without good prospects (SK's large group is not appealing enough to me to commit more than one character). But it also gets myself involved in at least partially DMing at a higher level without having to sideline my characters as well which has not been possible since it is my characters that are going to be without adventures.

So, if we can do this, I am happy to step into the Story Teller spot for awhile while others handle some of the other parts of DMing to allow me to still enjoy things as a player. Though my expertise if better for encounter planning and mapping if someone else will take the Story Teller roll and have spoilers.[/sblock]

Gerald007

First Post
Ooc [sblock]I am up for continuing in any manner agreeable to the others, so long as GlassEye is interested. If GE needs to recharge for a bit, I understand that completely, or if he wants to share the load as PM mentioned, that'd be cool too. I'll be here![/sblock]

Sylvain statblock [sblock]Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG WikiHuman Witch 9Initiative: +6 Perception: +2Conditions:AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)HP: 74 of 74CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +7 Ref: +7 Will: +8In Hand: Nothing Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 16) Daze (DC 18), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 17) Burning Hands (DC 17), Charm Person (DC 19), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 18) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 18), Hold Person (DC 20), Glitterdust (DC 20), Vomit Swarm, Web;
  • (3rd level - DC 19) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 19)^, Heroism^, Stinking Cloud (DC 19)
  • (4th level - DC 20) Confusion (DC 22), Summon Monster IV, Wall of Ice
  • (5th level - DC 21)Baleful Polymorph (DC 21)^, Feeblemind (DC 23)
Hexes DC 20
  • Cackle, Evil Eye, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Fortune on Borric.
[/sblock][/QUOTE]

GlassEye

Adventurer
It was pretty obvious to all that they were not on the prime plane once they crossed the gate...

[sblock=OOC]Gerald, sounds like there are a couple of options coming up for the various higher level characters. I would like a bit of a breather while I finish up with the other game I'm DMing and to figure out what I need to do next, which sounds like it will probably be PMs co-DM exercise.

Perrin, I think a lot of little things have contributed to my general attitude/lack of creativity/burnout/whatever you want to call it but I think you are pretty spot on with your assessment. I'll take your advice and start looking around at published materials to see if I can find something useable for higher levels. If something else comes up in the meantime, like jackslate45 or SK's big group, please take advantage of it if you can![/sblock]

Gerald007

First Post
DM [sblock]Thank you for running for us for so long! I enjoyed your game and if you ever feel like running a game in the future let me know. I think I'm going to sign on with SK's game and see how that plays out for the next little bit. Hope to see PM and SD there![/sblock]

Sylvain statblock [sblock]Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG WikiHuman Witch 9Initiative: +6 Perception: +2Conditions:AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)HP: 74 of 74CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +7 Ref: +7 Will: +8In Hand: Nothing Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 16) Daze (DC 18), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 17) Burning Hands (DC 17), Charm Person (DC 19), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 18) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 18), Hold Person (DC 20), Glitterdust (DC 20), Vomit Swarm, Web;
  • (3rd level - DC 19) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 19)^, Heroism^, Stinking Cloud (DC 19)
  • (4th level - DC 20) Confusion (DC 22), Summon Monster IV, Wall of Ice
  • (5th level - DC 21)Baleful Polymorph (DC 21)^, Feeblemind (DC 23)
Hexes DC 20
  • Cackle, Evil Eye, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Fortune on Borric.
[/sblock][/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Swash1.jpg

Borric cinches the straps on his haversack, "Well, I have the key if ever we can mount an expedition back. Though I am not sure about getting a flying ship back down here. Though a magic flying rug is another matter."

"Let's get out of here. There are whores awaiting my return."

He starts heading to join up with sage and take his grumpy arse out of place.
[sblock=OOC]Gerald007, you should plan on SK's adventure. I have not decided which character I will use, either Borric or Cythera. Since SD told me she will not play in SK's adventure, I think the team is being broken up no matter what.

As for a co-DM model, that is still under discussion and doesn't appear to be going to happen very soon anyway unless some people express interest in doing it. Considering other discussions, it could be moot as well.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +10
AC: 28 (25 w/out shield, 26 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 88 Current: 94
CMB: +14 CMD: 27 (29 vs. Disarm/ 31 vs. Trip) Fort: +10 Reflex: +7 Will: +6 (+8 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip, Power Attack (-3/+6)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]If there's nothing else for this particular scene I'd like to jump to Gist for a brief wrap-up/TBG distribution and ending.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]
GE said:
If there's nothing else for this particular scene I'd like to jump to Gist for a brief wrap-up/TBG distribution and ending.
Yeah, let's do that. With events in LPF progressing as they are, we need to have some time shop and commission items before SK's adventure starts.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Though the return to Gist is no longer than any other time the group has traversed the hills between Khuldun and the river city it certainly feels longer. Aquos' lectures and trail ineptness get on everyone's nerves and it is a relief when he falls behind on the trail. And when the group finally rides into Gist Aquos makes hasty farewells and makes his own way off into the maze of Gist's streets leaving Borric, Zelena, and Sylvain on their own.

As the three ride towards an inn that sits just down from the entrance to the city they see a dwarf with long reddish-brown hair bound back in a wide band sitting upon a crate and cleaning his nails with a long-bladed dagger. He glances up briefly, intent on his time-killing activity, then looks up again with a start. Jumping down from the crate he quickly sheaths his dagger and holds up a hand in greeting.

"Heya, there! Hold up, if you please." He peers intently at Borric, then Zelena, and finally Sylvain. "By Caridin's alabaster backside! You'd be the one named Borric, would you not? And the lady, Zelena? And you, Sylvain? I'm Rodgeir, called the Red, and I've a bit of business if you're of a mind to discuss it."

. . . Rodgeir the Red . . .

Remove ads